A Merc and a wheatie

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the park where I found a couple of silver rings yesterday. All the coins found yesterday were modern so I went to the other side of the park. This is a HUGE park so I really need to figure a better game plan. I am just kinda all over the map here.

It is raining pretty good (yay for my gardens!) which I only dislike because I wear glasses. My first hit was a 1956 wheat penny. This is actually a big find for me because I NEVER find wheat pennies. I have found more large cents and IHs than wheaties. After a couple of modern dimes later, I pulled the 1942 Mercury (no error). Such a beautiful lady.

I am thinking the side of the park I hunted today is a little bit older so I will start there tomorrow. I only had about 45 minutes to hunt today as I have to get ready to go to work. I do have tomorrow off though so a-huntin' I will go!

The really good news is I talked to a town police officer and some town workers and neither seemed to care that I was there. They were more interested if I was finding anything good.

Thanks for looking, all. Enjoy the day!

-Jay

061515.jpg

Upvote 7

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could say I've found more Large Cents and Indian Heads than wheaties :laughing7: Looks like you've found the sweet part of the park. Now its time to slow down and grid that baby! Nice finds! :thumbsup:

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finding that shiny stuff !! :thumbsup:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the silver. :thumbsup: Wish you luck on tomorrow's hunt. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
The Aluminum Monster

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could say I've found more Large Cents and Indian Heads than wheaties :laughing7: Looks like you've found the sweet part of the park. Now its time to slow down and grid that baby! Nice finds! :thumbsup:

Yep. This is the side with the playgrounds so I was interested in listening for jewelry but the plans have now changed. Doesn't seemed like it's been hit before, or at least not in a while. Here's hoping!

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice merc, wish I had that problem with finding more large cents and IHP than
Wheats :laughing7:

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome and I like the fact that your goodies are in a gold pan! Sub 8-)

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice day of digs

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice merc, pound that good searching a large park can take years search it well...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions