A MILLION DOLLARS?

bloovey

Feb 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'M having a very difficult time figuring out how much my rare mineral is worth! No one seems to know how much it's worth. All I know it is very rare and unique, probably one of a kind in the whole world. Identified by museum as Oxidized Copper with Quartz Dome. Can anyone take a guess how much it's worth?

Anyone think this could sell for a Million Dollars?

20160905_185318_resized-2.jpg

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No, it couldn't IMO.

No disrespect intended, but isn't this like the third thread you've started
for this same item? Usually, you'll get all the answers you need in just one.

Been a member 3 days and you've already got 75 posts? You've been busy!

OP
OP
B

bloovey

Feb 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been busy, time well spent!

OP
OP
B

bloovey

Feb 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, it couldn't IMO.

No disrespect intended, but isn't this like the third thread you've started
for this same item? Usually, you'll get all the answers you need in just one.

Been a member 3 days and you've already got 75 posts? You've been busy!

I know I've mentioned this mineral in a few other posts, but how does that harm you? So what I've been busy on this site, is it illegal? Its a free world! I love this hobby, it is my interest and that is why I'm here. If you have a problem with that then you got some serious issues!:icon_thumleft:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think its cool looking but would not have a clue for value....most of the time its only value is what someone is willing to pay.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
'Rare', 'unique' and 'one of a kind' do not create value; only demand creates value. Without demand it's worthless. You may wish to put it up for auction (with a reserve price) and see what it sells for. Since there are no comparable sales that can give you an appraisal value by that means, only a well attended appropriate auction will give you an idea of its value--IMO.
Don.......

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know I've mentioned this mineral in a few other posts, but how does that harm you? So what I've been busy on this site, is it illegal? Its a free world! I love this hobby, it is my interest and that is why I'm here. If you have a problem with that then you got some serious issues!:icon_thumleft:

Yes, it is a free world, but why would you spam the site with multiple threads about
the same item?

I respect that you love the hobby, but yes, I find it irritating to open a
thread with a catchy title only to find out it's just a different version of
questions about an item that have been asked and answered already.

No worries though. I'll just add you to my "ignore" list, and if a Moderator
has an issue with your posts I'm sure they'll let you know.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I'M having a very difficult time figuring out how much my rare mineral is worth! No one seems to know how much it's worth. All I know it is very rare and unique, probably one of a kind in the whole world. Identified by museum as Oxidized Copper with Quartz Dome. Can anyone take a guess how much it's worth?

Anyone think this could sell for a Million Dollars?

View attachment 1416325

While folks at a Museum told you what it is (assuming they are correct), they apparently have no idea as to the value due it's rarity. Therefore, I would advise contacting the folks at both links below as they may be able to tell you exactly how rare your' specimen is and give a ballpark figure on a possible value.

https://www.geosociety.org/

https://www.gia.edu/

Frank

Last edited:

Daryn

Apr 23, 2013
Hey Dizzy Digger. Is there a way to block certain people's posts so you don't see them?

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
harvard has a museum that has tons of crazy minerals. I bet they could afford a decent price on that and might be interested, or able to give you a better idea about it.

kha924

Jan 29, 2017
NWPA 814
Detector(s) used
LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I saw a couple of those in a fish tank the other day..

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bloovey, In regards to your response to DizzyDigger, pull back alittle bud, take it easy. huntsman's (post#10) offer of link's to contact would be your next step. And it's a Free World? Lot's of places that just isn't so. We ARE lucky to be here. Having said that, DizzyDigger may be right, I think I've seen your same post three? different times in different threads, under different titles. If you could tell us the answer you want, I'm sure someone will post it. But just for the heck of it, I will say YES, it is most likely worth one million dollars, and you should put it up for sale as soon as possible, should sell in about a week, and after taxes, I am sure you should end up with at least $500,000. to spend on any thing you like.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad once taught me the "price" of any given item is what a buyer and seller would pay for it on any given time. Copper minerals leaching into quartz is no biggie, happens all the time. Your piece has been shaped and polished by someone. Again, I have the machines to do this. Not hard with the right equipment. Takes about 1 hour.

It is a pretty item. If you want to find the REAL price on it, stick it on Ebay, start at $10 and see what happens. You MIGHT get $10 or more for it. Depends on the market. Markets change constantly. You can also start it at $1 million and pay the enormous Ebay listing fee.

OP
OP
B

bloovey

Feb 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My apologies for posting the same mineral a few different threads. I didn't know people would get so upset. I'm sorry to everyone! Respect.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
My apologies for posting the same mineral a few different threads. I didn't know people would get so upset. I'm sorry to everyone! Respect.

All is okay! Most new members have problems with knowing which forums to post certain items in, they are often impatient for an answer and that is why they often post in multiple forums, so you are not the first or last. Besides, viewing and reading about the same item in three or more Threads, just like drinking three or more beers, makes some members head's spin!:tongue3::laughing7:

Frank

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're good.You can always try an opinion from one or more jewelry stores.

OP
OP
B

bloovey

Feb 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it in the Ottawa river in Canada in the summer of 2016.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread