A Must Watch!!! "Trained metal detector dog that can really sniff out the Gold!"

GoldCTX

Nov 26, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
GPX-4500
CTX-3030
Macro Gold Racer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A Must Watch!!! "Trained metal detector dog that can really sniff out the Gold!"

A Must See > "Trained metal detector dog that really can sniff out the Gold!"

Ore Dog is truly quite amazing! Get rid of your metal detectors and digging tools ~ here comes the OreDog!!!
* Not sure how good he is on small gold.... But, he is pretty good on the larger stuff!

" Maybe your dog could learn to be your next secret gold finding machine!!! "

image.jpg

image.jpg

Woof Woof!!!!

Gerard

Last edited:
Upvote 0

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When my pup was young, I tried to train her to find gold and gold sulfates. Early in the training, I took a video and posted on Youtube:

I have not yet taken her out for natural gold, but think she might do OK. She will now bark when she finds these test rocks. However, she is still way more interested in bunnies and partridge than rocks, so does get distracted. Next year, she will be with me when I go prospecting. At the very least, I will have a good buddy with me ... and who knows, maybe she will remember her training and find me something.

OP
OP
GoldCTX

GoldCTX

Nov 26, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
GPX-4500
CTX-3030
Macro Gold Racer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"Doesn't get much better that that!"

Man's best Friend….is a secret gold finding dogtector called Daisy! ~ With… the nose…. that Knows!!! and… she likes to dig too!!!! I presume a 50/50 split ?

I'll be watching for your "Au Dogtector Updates !"

Thanks for sharing!

Merry Christmas, to you & Daisy!

Cheers,
Gerard

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My best advise if somebody else want to try this type of training is to "keep the trust". These kind of dogs have a incredible vocabulary and really do know what we are asking of them. Don't tease them or you break that trust. Daisy knows the difference between a bird, coon, ball, toy (stuffed animal) and gold (rock). If I send her to "find it", I tell her what she can expect to find. She will then trust it is out there. I have to stop my wife, who thinks it is funny, from instructing the dog to hunt up something that was never there. The dog searches like crazy and it is amusing, but if we do that too often and she will give up too early. So, if I take her for a walk in the forest and want her to "find the gold", I have already tossed a rock to find. I do the same with birds. If it has been a while with nothing to flush, I will toss a dead bird so she stays near me and interested. When I go prospecting, I will have a gold bearing rock in my pocket for tossing, for the times she cannot find one on her own. I am not confident that it will actually work all that well, but it may turn out to be a unique tool in my arsenal. If she finds something for me, I will owe her a steak dinner.

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy)former that is) made a fortune selling gold dogs-all he did was rub meat on nuggets,bury and in come the marks to see a REAL gold dog in action hahaha. Just like long range finders for $1,000s--a sucker born every day-John

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I've said before, I have a litter of Golden Deceivers for sale. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread