A nasty head wound and then some

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I've found some pretty old coins in our block, including an 1831 Bust Half, so any chance I get to detect close by I do. One of the older gentlemen down the street wants me to bring in some topsoil to alter the level of his yard. He's always shown interest in my detecting, and I've done some of his yard before, but there is no sense putting down dirt until the current yard is searched! In a short time today, I managed a junk wheat, then found this unfortunate 43 Merc. Otherwise in pretty nice shape, this one came in second to a lawnmower blade or something else sharp! Two more interesting finds: what appears to be a small toy warship and the play dime that always makes you think, at first, that it might be a gold dollar :P. We'll begin spreading dirt tomorrow, and there is lots more yard to detect there. I'll assume the Merc isn't the last piece of silver waiting there.

Attachments

• erniefinds 001 (Small).jpg
    erniefinds 001 (Small).jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 874
  • erniefinds 002 (Small).jpg
    erniefinds 002 (Small).jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 863
  • erniefinds 003 (Small).jpg
    erniefinds 003 (Small).jpg
    39 KB · Views: 858
Upvote 0
I found that same token and thought it was a half dime for a moment, darn play money! HH!

neat stuff, good silver find :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

It will take more than a couple of Aspirin to get rid of the headache that Mercury must be suffering from.
Hope you are able to save some more coins before covering up the yard.

The other day I was over there again, not finding much, when the Mrs. let slip that a friend of theirs had detected there years ago. :'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back