A new detector for the wife - a little help needed

D

Deeper

My wife has been using a Bounty Hunter for a while and does quite a good job at finding things that I either overlook or don't bother to dig while using my DFX. I like the DFX, but in buying a second unit, I'd like to try a different manufacturer to see what another might offer.

We especially need a replacement for the Bounty Hunter when we hit the beaches. It doesn't do well there. I have considered the Excalibur, but I'm not certain that we need to get one designed to go 200 feet deep. Instead, I'd be inclined to get a high end general purpose machine than works well at the beach, much like the DFX.

Any ideas?

Most of our detecting is in eastern Virginia and along the beach.

Thanks a lot.

Deeper

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know that you are considering looking at another Manufacture but the White's M6 looks loke a rock solid machine that is an all-around getter. I have a White's Prizm III, part of the reason I went with Whites is because of their legendary service. I have not used my Prizm much but from what I have used it, I'm impressed and probably will not use any other product. that all being said, it depends on the amount of mony you are looking to spend, as I'm sure you well know.

Here is the link to the M6
http://www.whiteselectronics.com/matrixm6w.php

Thats my 2cents

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
Hello deeper,Iv taken a regular detector to the beach before,an trust me all you do is worry,about getting it wet .this is why a Excalibur would be a great machine,I just purchased mine from Wanda at Kellyco.Was here within 3 day's and came with extras,Just because it Say's 200 feet,does not mean you need to go under water,it's a great beach machine,an land detector.Look into buying a straight shaft if you decide.I own a Minelab SE,but i wanted the beach detector,for peace of mind.Trust me alot of people have purchased the Excalibur because it get's the job done.Happy detecting Deeper. Ronald99

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions