A NEW FORUM request

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
To the TN Mods, in watching a lot of videos on the U-Tube site, would it be possible to create a separate line forum just like the forum Coin Roll Hunting, and call it BANK STRAP HUNTING.

In watch those vids about currency collection of printing errors, star notes, unique serial numbers, etc., it might create a heavy interest in the Currency area, just like coin hunting.
If not possible, I would like to start an on going posting as, "BANK STRAP HUNTING"
To all you currency hunters out there, what's your opinion on this subject. TKS, DozerD

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My suggestion is start a thread titled "Bank Strap Hunting" and see how that goes first.

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hate to sound like a moron
yet, I was the one that asked and responsible for the currency listing
Having said that, I think asking for a new title, - category "bank strap hunting" is a stretch
never heard of it
IMO just saying\
Brady

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Bradyboy: the idea of "bank strap hunting" has been around for a long long time. I remember way back in the 60's, there were guys at coin & stamp shows that actually had collections of the physical bank 'STRAPS' showing the name of the bank address location & date stamp of the strap/contents. Strap hunting is just like coin roll hunting, in getting a strap(s) from a bank and looking for the unusual s/n's, printing errors, *star notes., and at the same time looking for those elusive RED & BLUE SEAL notes.
YES, I will initiate the start of the thread "BANK STRAP HUNTING" and hope that currency hunters Add to it just like CRH'g.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love it it's part of treasure hunting I would love to learn more about. Tommy

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Found 4 more STAR 2013 $1 notes this past weekend, nothing earth shaking, all were runs of 3.2mil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread