a new GREAT FIRST---bobblehead Michael Jackson nickel--- no neck & nose falling off

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a new GREAT FIRST---bobblehead Michael Jackson nickel--- no neck & nose falling off

poor Jeff is losin' his head & nose. 1965----pretty well beat---but COOL 8-)

IMG_5037.JPG IMG_5038.JPG

gotta find a better one to see it was unusual wear or a greased pig :dontknow:

Upvote 0

Beezly

Mar 20, 2017
Finger Lakes, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold,
BH Land Ranger Pro,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Minelab Equinox 900,
Whites TRX,
Minelab ProFind 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it! Seems odd that the rest of the coin has good relief, maybe it is an error :icon_thumleft:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost looks like someone started to carve a hobo nickel and then gave up! Very cool find!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Several causes could be attributed to what happened to the Jefferson Nickel. 1) Overzealous grinding and polishing of the Die by a Mint employee to remove damage and/or Die Clashing. 2) Grease built up in the bridge of the nose are of the Die. 3) Planchet Feeder damaged the Die and the damage was subsequently smoothed out by grinding and polishing of the Die by a Mint employee.

Frank

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I totally agree----like I always say_______ QC at Philly sucks, hence ____mo' money fur me :laughing7:
Several causes could be attributed to what happened to the Jefferson Nickel. 1) Overzealous grinding and polishing of the Die by a Mint employee to remove damage and/or Die Clashing. 2) Grease built up in the bridge of the nose are of the Die. 3) Planchet Feeder damaged the Die and the damage was subsequently smoothed out by grinding and polishing of the Die by a Mint employee.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions