A New yet Old member of TNet!

Fduncan

Dec 24, 2007
South Carolina
As you can see I just registered yesterday and this is my very first post! The interesting thing is that I've actually been reading this forum (mainly the MD forums) on and off every week for around 3 years haha. I don't know why I decided to post today ( well I somewhat do but I'll get to that later ;) ) but it is christmas and i guess the holiday spirit got into me. I want to say how wonderful all the members here at TNet are. The communities helpfullness and kindness makes this such a wonderful forum, and now I hope I can be a good contributing member.

Now that I've sweetened you guys/gals up some I do have a slight favor haha. I love metal detecting, I have the "over the next hill syndrome" very bad and I doubt it will ever be cured haha. For the past few years i've been using a no name radioshack metal detector (it seems like a very low end bounty hunter but i may be wrong). It CAN find metal but thats about all it tells you lol. I still use the little sucker though. So for awhile i've been saving up some money and doing some more indepth research into which metal detector I want to grow old with. I have finally settled on the Minelab sovereign GT (also maybe a fisher cz 70 but they seem very hard to find). Now, my problem is that i still cant bring myself to pay for a brand new Sovereign GT, and yes i know there are many other good New detectors in my price range but i really want a very solid detector i can use for a very long time to come.

Now finally on to the favor. All i'm asking is that you guys/gals look out for any good deals on used sovereign GTs and if you come across one send me a PM. In return i promise that once I get my hands on the GT i'll post so GREAT finds and brag about them like you've never seen hahaha.

Sorry for making that such a long post. I know i could easily have posted in the wanted classifieds section but i always wanted to introduce myself and tell you guys how great of a group there is here. I'll make sure to try to contribute much more to the group and I hope i'll be a good addition.

Finally, Merry Christmas everyone!

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am currently using a Sov GT as one of my detectors, it's a great machine.

I will keep an eye out for you, but be prepared to move fast as they do not last long and for obvios reasons, It is a great detector. You might keep an eye open on EBay, and you can post a thread on the wanted board stating what you are looking for.

I posted on several "wanted boards" including TN's when I was looking for a Whites 6000 XL Pro, and the Fisher 1235X and I was able to find both through my want ad's..... My 5th detector the Fisher 1235X is on the way now. I'm going to be using it for competition hunting......

Highwater

Nov 3, 2007
Shasta County, CA.
Detector(s) used
White's: XLT, MXT, Tesoro: Sand Shark, Tiger Shark. Fisher: 1266X. Minelab: Musketeer.
FD
Welcome to TN. I did the same as you and looked this site over for a long time, then went into semi retirement and found more time to get involved, so I signed up a while back. This is a great site and is well laid out and easy to navigate. I have really enjoyed being a member and sharing with the group. Everyone has something to contribute, even the newbies. It is all good.
When you go over to the classified section you can click on a button that will notify you when a post is made, on any board for that matter. This way you don't have to go look for new post, you will be notified when a new post is made. That is why so many items get snapped up so quickly when they get posted. Many watchers on the classified board.
Happy Holidays and Happy Hunting. Highwater

OP
OP
F

Fduncan

Dec 24, 2007
South Carolina
Thanks alot for the helpful hints everyone. I'll keep on checking the classifieds section obsessively and I just posted on wanted ad! Thanks again.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to ..TN.. hope you enjoy all the posts as much as i do............................==Jim==

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Well,....
It's about time you stopped lurking.
LOL

Now let's see what good finds you have.

Welcome , good to finally have you aboard!

OD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread