A newbie - A Cibola, Ace 250 or Prizm 4?

Which one would be best for a relic hunting novice?

• -

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • -

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

the canuck

Nov 4, 2007
Hi folks!

I'm about 1 week away from buying my first metal detector to start relic hunting up here in rural Ontario, Canada. I've done my research and I've already found some nice cellar holes and logging camp locations that I wanted to start with. I wanted some advice on which metal detector would be best for the job. Keep in mind some of these sites are found in forested areas.

I'm not planning to get anything to pricey for my first one, so after reading many reviews for beginner detectors, I've narrowed it down to these 3. Though I'm noticing the Cibola seems to be getting the most thumbs up. Any thoughts or maybe suggestions for other beginner models for relic hunting?

Very excited to get started,

Mikey the Canuck.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tesoro Cibola is the deepest of the bunch for a starter though I have not played with the F2 yet. The Cibola will have a set ground balance that will work out well for you in Ontario unless you are hunting over iron ore. It will have the lifetime warrany in case you ever need it too, plus many extra coils to choose from.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread