A nice box of halves ( by my recent standards )

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
The coins in this area all get recycled. I get my own dumped coins back that I used to not get back. Due to probability of the new influx of CRHers in the area (both for CWR's & boxes), less and less get put into boxes. Certainly the odds are less. Despite the dumping, boxes produce if coins get past the tellers and customers asking for CWRs. In order to find any keepers in the halves boxes around here, one has to do more volume. However with that said, that is a lot of work for very little. Occasionally though you will find a box with more than a couple that kind of makes up for it. Today, I was shocked in that I got a box with 3 40%ers in it. Before that, I had a string of 5 skunk boxes in a row. I pretty much expect skunks now but do get pleasantly surprised if I find something. If only halves were rolled in clear plastic. It wasn't this way years ago. I knew that this day would come.

You should be glad your dime boxes are still producing. For some reason, the dime boxes up here recently have gone down hill. I thought for a while that dime finds were plenty yet they're in the decline too. I wonder why. I'm going back to doing more pennies now a days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread