tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's still pretty warm along the Denver front range, but up on Loveland pass was a great place to get away from the heat. I can see the high tundra grass is now drying up and changing to a lighter color and within two months these mountains will be displaying all kinds of beautiful scenery.

Attachments

• loveland pass 080117.jpg
    loveland pass 080117.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 67

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful picture!

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Are the skeeters done for up there yet. I remember the Sierra high country, the skeeters would be done in August, and the flies would take over. Beautiful country.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are the skeeters done for up there yet. I remember the Sierra high country, the skeeters would be done in August, and the flies would take over. Beautiful country.
Not a lot of bugs I noticed, but I bet there'd be some out to get you a nightfall. Down in the lowlands they're still around.

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
whoa! Beautiful shot. Do you hunt with the BH Tracker IV there exclusively? Please tell me more. I have one, and really like it. Some would say I'm nuts, but I like it better than my F22 currently I am more confident with the IV. It just works...and works, and works.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whoa! Beautiful shot. Do you hunt with the BH Tracker IV there exclusively? Please tell me more. I have one, and really like it. Some would say I'm nuts, but I like it better than my F22 currently I am more confident with the IV. It just works...and works, and works.
I hardly ever use that metal detector and my experience with one is very limited. I can't seem to get off the method of just scanning the ground with my eyes looking for artifacts that way. I need to maybe join a MD club and pick up some pointers from others with more experience. I was just informed at work the guy who was doing the Nevada territory for us is no longer with the company and he won't be replaced with anyone new, so it'll be I who'll once again be going out there every 6 weeks or so. I think I'll be taking that BH along as much of the route I take travel's close to the original transcontinental railroad and there where many short lived support towns known as Hell on Wheels towns along that original route that only lasted a few years and are now completely gone. I've stopped at some I've located before and have found buttons, old square nails and old busted bottles on the surface scattered about. Maybe I'll put that MD to use and see what else I find in those places this time.

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go for it!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up some headphones at a thrift store for it and they just about blew my eardrums out. They have no volume settings on them, but a wad of paper towels in each tone's em down. I'm sure I'll find another set of headphones that'll have some volume settings for cheap sometime. I see headphones in the thrift stores all the time for around 5 or 6 bucks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread