A nice piece of sterling is more then I expected.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good score on this little 3-7/8" tall creamer made by Gorham. I'm a traveling peddler of mining equipment and do get the chance to hit the places for treasure on the trips. Last week on a trip to Montana I find this great little pitcher. It was priced at $22.50 and saw a sign in the booth that said all items in this booth are 25% off, so with the small amount of taxes they charge in the great state of Wyoming it comes to $16 & change.(Thank You Wyoming) I was thinking as I held it it would be around 50-60 grams. Got home and put it on the scale and its a nice weight of 119.2 grams."Hot Dog!"...-hefty-hefty-hefty...That 3.5 grams of pure melt silver to add to the chest of silver. I also scored some on some old 9K, 14k & 16K (odd!) small pieces of gold jewelry for a bargain on this recent outback treasure hunting trip I took last week.

Attachments

• pitcher 1.jpg
    pitcher 1.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 98
  • pitcher 2.jpg
    pitcher 2.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 111
  • pitcher 3.jpg
    pitcher 3.jpg
    586.1 KB · Views: 83

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's so shiny! Even the nice silver servingware I find never looks that good, congrats on the score.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's so shiny! Even the nice silver servingware I find never looks that good, congrats on the score.
You can after you buy that old silver clean & spiff it up some. I thought it would present itself better that way.:thumbsup:

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, should bring over scrap if you decide to auction it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread