A nice variety of finds with some silver.

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
A friend and I got out yesterday afternoon to do some MD'ing. We first hunted a wooded area near an old riding academy. Appropriately, my first find was a brass horse head pin. stables 002.JPG

Shortly after that, I found a Boyscout neckerchief slide. stables 003.JPG

Then I found a New York City transit token. How it got there, I don't know.
stables 004.JPG

Walking back to the car, I was hunting just off of a bridal/bicycle path when I popped a neat sterling silver crossed cannons pin. Also, I found a nice 1924 Mercury Dime about three feet off the path.
stables 001.JPG

stables 009.JPG stables 010.JPG

These finds were from 1 to 5 inches deep.

We decided to leave this area and were driving home when we noticed a recently cut field that used to be used for pic-nics and fun and games. So, we decided to get out and check this old field. Searching around a nice shade tree with alot of junk, I got lucky and plucked a 1943 Washington Quarter about 3 inches deep between pieces of a beer can. Then 2 feet away up popped a 1918-s Walking Liberty Half. The Walker was about 4 inches deep and below a pull tab.

stables 007.JPG stables 008.JPG

stables 005.JPG

stables 006.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Upvote 0

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
That is a great day in my book . Sounds like you should revisit that place again . Some of those finds would be first. And you can bet if you are finding scout stuff there is more there. nice horse head beautiful belt fastener . Just a great bunch of finds .TY for sharing. Rob. :coffee2:

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice stuff bob. You always come up with some goodies.

Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread