Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone seems to be describing their hunts as "EPIC" these days. Allow me to show you what NON-EPIC is like :headbang:

Anyway....

I have been working an old house site on an ex-girlfriends parent’s property off and on now for a number of years. Previously I have found a couple draped bust large cents, a couple 2 cent pieces, 15-20 IHPs, and 15-20 older buttons, including several large tombacs. The place was probably built in the very early 1800s and used up until the 1980s. Lately I have been finding some early buttons and other relics in an area away from the house where another house may have stood. All the large tombacs have come from this area. Saturday, the ground was not frozen so I thought I would give this area a shot and try to hit some high grass that has been matted down some from recent snows. Good targets were few and far between, but I did get another large tombac button, a toasted and unidentifiable copper, a reins guide, and an 1898 IHP.
Parks.jpg

I followed Saturday's non-epic hunt with another non-epic effort on Sunday. I wanted to hit a well pounded colonial site further up in the mountains, but when I got there the field was frozen solid. So I went back down the hill with no good backup plan. I stopped at a house that I had hit casually many years ago, but had got 5 or 6 mercs out of the yard and figured there might be more. There are still plenty of targets in this yard (I left many penny signals in the ground), but the only silver I got was this little silver ring.
Ring - Dirt.JPG Ring - Finger.JPG

Here is everything that that I took home from this yard, and didn't throw away, with the exception of a gas valve that I am saving for Thad (PA dirt_NC sand) :laughing7:
Harts.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 29

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad Im still frozen here in Mi Alot of the fun for me is what I might find cool finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread