a odd one, kinda worried me

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
just got back from a evening out.nothing old, all modern, found a bunch of junk then i found the rocket grenade thingy,i made me wonder if i should dig anymore, i could just see it now, clink...... KA-BOOM. i have no idea why it was where i found it, im guessing practice during ww2?dunno. a aluminum block with #'s all over it, i thought i had found a spanish ingot;) also i found a 25-20 single shot umc cartridge, a hood ornimant airplane thingy and this is the 3rd little black container i have found in this area, does anyone have a idea what it is? im guessing lipstick??? about the cartridge.... the 25-20 single shot first appeared about 1982, and was one of the first centerfire, 25 cal wildcats. the first commercial cartridges were made by umc (like the one i found:)!) no rifles have been avaliable sonce the 20's and cartridges since the 30's. from cartridges of the world 8th addition
Brandon

Attachments

• zzz.jpg
    zzz.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 498
  • zzzz.jpg
    zzzz.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 502
  • zzzzz.jpg
    zzzzz.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 494
Upvote 0

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey m8 .. nice finds .. hope you have better luck in the future

and whats out for those Ka-booms those are KILLERS. ::)

USTiger

S

southbound

Cool finds! That does look like a lipstick to me.
Vern

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
third photo down the left object looks like the tail end of a mortar or rifle grenade...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds.

I like the hood Ornament.

and the Ingot Thingy.

WV_Detecting

Oct 24, 2005
WV
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Nice finds, no expert but my gut feeling is that is not a munition piece, I am probably wrong but I feel it is part of a machine compressor or something. Maybe you know more than I do and that is why you call it as such oh well anyways, just my opinion, keep digging!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Nice Finds! I love those old hood ornaments! There are alot of collectors looking for those! Plus the Antique Car Shows!

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
i had a yugo sks a while back, and it had a grenade launcher on the barrel, it accepted the style of grenades you slip over the barrel and launch with a blank, i traded it off before i could get some dummy rounds for it, but i believe that these two items are the same, still not sure, i am younger generation and have not served in any wars (thank god) and yes they could have been a flare device too

Attachments

• zzzzmzmzmmz.jpg
    zzzzmzmzmmz.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 258
  • zzzzlalala.jpg
    zzzzlalala.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 257

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Wow, that lipstick thing brings back some memories. My mom used to have some with that same design on the end, the scroll-y bit. I think (!) it was Avon - back in the late 50s to mid-60s.

If not Avon, then it was a brand called "Beauty counselor" (she used to sell that brand back in the 50s).

Thanks for sharing - very fun to see,
HH
Nan

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
dear roswellborn, its a plesure to bring back some good memorries;) i do have a question tho,do you remember the finish on the lipstick by any chance? on of the others i found seemed to have a gold or brass finish
take care
Brandon

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
wow, i thught my find was interesting, untill i saw the kid my age from russia, must be awesome, cept for the fact most that stuff is still live, im fine finding the blown up stuff, i would like to start a family soon and raise my BOY or girl and teach them the joys of detecting;)

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
chong2mry said:
dear roswellborn, its a plesure to bring back some good memorries;) i do have a question tho,do you remember the finish on the lipstick by any chance? on of the others i found seemed to have a gold or brass finish
take care
Brandon

I think they were gold or brass colored, chong2mry. Not "real' gold, of course, but that was the look of them. The ends where the scroll design is were shiny, the sides were the same material, but not so high gloss - more matte like. Hope that helps.

HH
Nan :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread