A one hour beach check today, 1 gold ring.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Had 1 hour, and was itching to go out, so I went mid afternoon, and walking from the truck to the surf, started scanning up in dry sand, got a gold wine bottle screw cap, then an iron soft drink bottle cap, then I got another hit and sifted it and I thought nothing was left in scoop, detected sand, nothing, and reached in and a toe ring I guess, 10K gold wire ring. Searched down by the water and in the water up to about 10 inches. Only a nickle and a copper penny. Searched a little more up in the zone where many folks lay their towels out, but just trash. It was maybe 75 degrees at home, but the beach was colder, despite being sunny and warm today, because of the cold water. Water was cold. I was just in my shorts and no booties, so that was it for me. Had fun and found some nice shells too. Hope these pics work.

Attachments

• Diving with Cory 11-14,15 075.jpg
    Diving with Cory 11-14,15 075.jpg
    613.2 KB · Views: 620
  • Diving with Cory 11-14,15 077.jpg
    Diving with Cory 11-14,15 077.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 614
  • Diving with Cory 11-14,15 078.jpg
    Diving with Cory 11-14,15 078.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 610
Upvote 0
OP
OP
stevemc

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Just assumed 10 k gold, as I used to use 10 k wire. I did find out there is all carats of gold wire. I dont have a tester, so some day I will find out.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Pretty ring find, Stevemc! :hello2:

OP
OP
stevemc

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It wasnt way deep, 2 scoops in dry sand. Maybe 6-8". It is a thin ring though. I have found larger rings about a foot deep in wet sand, maybe its just me, or where they have been, but I havent found any deeper gold. Jewelry gold is not very good on the detectable, but not as bad as some stainless. Some of that is almost impossible to pick up, unless it close. Not that I want stainless screws and nails.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread