A pair of ear rings

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have posted our clubs web site on every web site I could find. Well the other night I get a call from a guy who found my name and phone number online while trying to find local metal detecting clubs. He had lost his 24kt wedding band about a year or so ago on his property (about 10 acres) and he was looking for someone to come out and find it for him. I am part of a large club in the Kansas City area and that is one of the things we advertise, that we will look for lost items at no charge as long as we get to keep what ever else we find. Well I show up at his place today with 3 other club members ready to find this ring. The house isn't that old, only about 30 years so chances of finding any older coins was slim. One of the areas we searched was the back yard and I got a signal for nickel/foil (the Gold range on the DFX) so I dug it up and I find what I think is a Gold ear ring. I was quite impressed with myself for getting it out of the ground without damaging it. Well about 10 minutes later I hear one of the other club members say he is not going to dig a target because it registered foil. I explained to him that he needs to dig the foil signals if he wants to find the ring. Well I went back to one of his foil signals (with his permission) and dug down and sure enough it was a keeper, it was the matching ear ring to the one I found earlier. I have never found a pair of ear rings before. Well we were not able to find his ring at least not this time but I was able to find a pair of ear rings and $2.49 in Clad. It was kind of cold this morning (25 degrees) but we still had a great time. Sorry these pictures don't do them justice and I can't find any markings on them so make up your own mind if they are gold or not. Thanks for looking!

Don

Attachments

• earringfront.jpg
    earringfront.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 546
  • earringback.jpg
    earringback.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 545
Upvote 0

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
finding a pair in the same hole is cool,,, seperated .... 100 times better !! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

littleton

Feb 25, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5
Have you tried them on yet? How do they look on you? ;D Nice find!

trapper bob

Mar 22, 2005
mid-michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinshooter 2, Garrett GTA 1000 Ultra, Bounty Hunter Landstar, Bounty Hunter Lonestar
They sure got the GOLDY look to them!
Congrats on finding both and, its true, ya gotta dig the foil/tab`s to get the GOLD! HH--------Bob ;D

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you guys are brave in 25 degrees ! nice earings though congrats !

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outback:

Very neat earrings! Glad your persistence paid off. Keep digging!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How neat that you found both those earrings! Congrats! Maybe you will find the ring for them the next time. :)

Nana :)

OP
OP
OutBack Duo

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with as frail as these are can you believe I didn't put the point of the shovel right through them?

Don

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions