A Photo For Curious Kat And GaRebel1861 (why pottery)

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been so busy here lately I have not had time to do a little research, but the pottery pieces that you showed I knew I had seen it before, but could not find the info. Take a look at this 3rd pot down on right, a cooking pot. Image (23).jpg

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what is the age of the example you posted Mrack?

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft:...wow you have been doing some research monsterrack, thank you very much! A cooking pot....guess that's why the texture...so it wasn't easy to drop & maybe get burned :O You are so sweet to have took the time to look that up, again thanks :) Oh, forgot....good question rock!

Last edited:
OP
OP
monsterrack

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This pot was found in Arkansas and is dated around 1200 to 1000 yrs old , believed to be the end of the woodland and the start of the Mississippi period . The oldest pottery that has been found in NA is up to 4000 yrs old and it started in Ga., S.C. and Fl. and then spread all across North America.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...Great info. monsterrack! Wow...4000 years old...think they were the Mayan? Saw a program that now thinks the C. & South American cultures originated in N. America....makes you think!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you even think as to how they made it from their area to the USA in a small boat? With all the storms. I can see a storm coming and breaking up the group and people landing in different spots all along the coast in different areas.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...yah rock...so interesting to think of the how's, whys, where's of so long ago. You made me picture what you said...thanks for that :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread