Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My last hurrah for the week was 3 hours this afternoon at a Baltimore City park I hadn't been to in months. Based on snow cover I ended up on the SE corner and did pretty well with four wheats (earliest is 1920) and 4 "relics": an early 20th century U.S. Infantry collar disk, a Victorian-appearing brooch. a 1900 IHP, and a 1908 Barber dime. Stumbled upon another digger's recent hunt where he recovered a seated and a Barber dime (seen on his video); looks like he left me this '08 Barber and the 00 IHP!8-)
'
IMG_7230.JPGIMG_7233.JPGIMG_7234.JPGIMG_7235.JPGIMG_7237.JPG

Upvote 30
Thanks much! Come to think of it, that lucre was pretty filthy. Peace.

Thanks Tommy! Want to go back for more but we've got the freeze coming Monday, highs in the 20s, so I'll be busy stoking the wood stove. Later.

Thanks Professor! Was unexpected, but park keeps on giving ��

Thanks Dparson05! When those wheats sound like silver, it's great to pull a real silver.

Thanks 'D'! What a cool hunt it turned out to be. Made that long drive home in traffic through the heart of Baltimore that much better, travel in' with an injun and a barber🙂

Thanks pa-dirt nc-sand! Pulled switch-er-too on you. Decided to head to different park in Baltimore. Didn't spot anyone else out detecting.

Thanks pepperdawg! It's tricky hunting this ground. Had to go slow and listen for those tiny squeaks. Not much was jumping out saying 'Here I am'.

Thanks Rook! A friend said to me 'I can't believe you're hunting in this weather'. I like hunting year round.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back