Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
KKC got out on February 27th (Sunday) to the farm that we have hunted only two times. On two trips, we found some Colonial coppers, Coronet cents, Capped Bust and Seated Liberty silver. We decided to give the farm another try and since the weather was looking good, we had to give it a go. I had a feeling that we would at least get a copper and I was correct. :hello2:

My first signal of the day was about ten minutes into the hunt and it was a great high reading that pinpointed at the 6" depth. I dug down in the semi-solid dirt and was thrilled to see a green disc on edge. The copper turned out to be an 1837 Coronet large cent. After digging the coin, I could not get another decent signal all day. :dontknow: :icon_scratch: My last relic for the hunt was the musketball. All in all, I was happy to get a copper on a February hunt in PA. :hello2:

Kyle had a great hunt with two 1850s small silvers and a copper. He will post his coins and relics in the near future.

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

Attachments

• February Hunt 004.JPG
    February Hunt 004.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 935
  • February Hunt 006.JPG
    February Hunt 006.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 939
  • February Hunt 015.JPG
    February Hunt 015.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 934
Upvote 0

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
As much as I love your posts it's like a double edged sword....makes my occasional silver seem lackluster..lol

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see the copper/silver :wink: trio out tearing up Pa. soil again.Glad you guy's were able to get together for a hunt in Feb.A taste of things to come this year for you guy's & a quick fix for your winter down time. :thumbsup:
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:

billpa

Sep 12, 2010
Out Diggin Silver
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO,DFX DX-1, CLASSIC 111, Garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you boys got out,the 1837 Coronet Large cent made for a good day. :icon_sunny:

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice "bonus" copper Kirk

Any finds up your way in February are "icing" on the cake. Nice going, and look froward to seeing what else you guys can pull out of that site. HH ..... Bill

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just great to be detecting this time of year, isn't it! No mosquitos, no heat and humidity, no pesky livestock! Looks like your musket ball is a pistol shot! Nice finds!

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, a hunt in February is food for the soul, sure glad you guys did get a hunt in and I am sure your regular season will be starting soon. I'm sure getting any old coppers on an early hunt like that was satisfying, sure beats watching TV all the time. :wink:

Don

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Coppa snag my Pennsylvania Pisan aka Brutha! It always feels nice to see that green copper come from the ground so even if you didn't score another good relic the rest of the day, it was still a winner! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
Productive February hunt for sure !!!

Congrats on the copper.

I'm guessing there are still some waiting to be found. Good luck on your next hunt.

Brian in MA

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice looking coin--great patina Kirk! Good to see you guys getting ready to harvest some Pa. colonial treasure for the season. Best of luck to you and the team! :headbang:
Keith

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
Nice find for February !! We are still waist deep in snow here in Vermont >:( Last year my first hunt was on March 15th, I think :icon_scratch: I dont think that will be the case this year.

VPR

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one large cent is a good start on your year as it does count on your totals :headbang: Broke the ice so to speak ! I wish you many more this year ! MaineRelic

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I want to thank you all for the replies. It was fun to get my Colonial hands in the muck again. :laughing7:

Kirk :hello:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice Lc :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Personally, I would consider that take a great day! "Grats on the LC!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread