A proposition for all. Vets,Noobs,And Everyone inbetween. Please Read This.

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Undoubtely, This forum has changed over the last 2-3 months. Some people have gotten their feelings hurt, Some to the point of no return. I come before all of you today with a proposition. Let's please put aside our differences and get back to what really matters. Our Health, Families,Jobs, and Last but not least, CRH'ING!!! Let us all bury the hatchet and return this forum to what it should be for. Everyone helping one another and living vicauriously through EACH other. Please I beg of you. I know I am not perfect. Nor do I claim to be. There are so many good people on this forum and I hate seeing it go the way of this. I feel like someone should try to save the members we have left. And I am going down swinging. Thank you all for reading this. I would really appreciate your comments,ideas,etc. We are still on for the CRHing awards in my book as well. The way I think it should be done is several different awards. Let me know what you guys/gals think.

Thank you all so much for caring about me. ImpurestStewart.

Upvote 0

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Change is the only constant in life, things never stay the same.

I found this forum about a month ago, IMO folks are helpful. I have found some good conversations and see little to no flaming comments, I see differences of opinion and thats ok, we will never see exactly the same as others, but we dont have to agree with all to still like and hold civil conversations with said person. Overall I thinks this is a good forum with multiple great boards with a good community supporting them.

I am interested in the positive comments , questions and tips some of the verterans or any CRH can contribute.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
ImpurestStewart said:
Undoubtely, This forum has changed over the last 2-3 months. Some people have gotten their feelings hurt, Some to the point of no return. I come before all of you today with a proposition. Let's please put aside our differences and get back to what really matters. Our Health, Families,Jobs, and Last but not least, CRH'ING!!! Let us all bury the hatchet and return this forum to what it should be for. Everyone helping one another and living vicauriously through EACH other. Please I beg of you. I know I am not perfect. Nor do I claim to be. There are so many good people on this forum and I hate seeing it go the way of this. I feel like someone should try to save the members we have left. And I am going down swinging. Thank you all for reading this. I would really appreciate your comments,ideas,etc. We are still on for the CRHing awards in my book as well. The way I think it should be done is several different awards. Let me know what you guys/gals think.

Thank you all so much for caring about me. ImpurestStewart.

Truth be told, I dont see what all the fuss is about. When on the internet you need a thick skin and need to learn not to take things personally. Much like on the street, you dont go flying off the handle because someone said something, you dont do it online as well. I have been online in one form or another since I was 7, that was 30 years ago with dial up modems at 120 baud and on BBS's. If you have a group of people who left because they cannot handle a little criticism than I think it might have been best that they left. They are generally the people who will fly off the handle in person as well because they think you said something about their mother or looked at them wrong. They usually have more issues than you know anyways and we may just be better off.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
This forum got me started in CRH and I have had some conflicts with people on the forum, but resolved the problems peacefully and it was a win-win situation.

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree that the forum has gone down hill. Some of you newest people may not agree. I know I have been on the forum about 4 months and have seen a decline. Those on it for 4 years say its even worse than I realize.

I think some people are not necessarily hurt by the comments of others, they just realize that their great success is leading to TOO much competition. They are leaving their friends behind to try to save the hobby for years to come. We are getting these new members to the hobby who are in it for the profits and come in very hot and heavy with little thought
and planning and put a great strain on the hobby and the banks we all rely on.
Thats my opinion
That is why I have limited my activity here(not saying I am one of the great posters of old)
N8

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not saying I wont help the new guy figure out his way, but I am not going to give fuel to someone who just wants to run and start fire...
N8

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i go through posts and rarely see people i recognize anymore

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
I may be a newbie, but I will do my part to keep this forum positive. I haven't run across anything "uncalled for" so far.

I also believe a "thicker then usual" skin is needed on ANY internet forum. We all have to agree to disagree sometimes. Instead of trying to change the negative ones, why not focus on the positive ones. Lift them up!

This forum should serve the purpose of bringing CRH'ers together, sharing our finds, encouraging each other, and supporting each other in whatever capacity possible. We're all Brother's and Sister's in this together.

H$H!!
TGB

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
Quite some time ago, I skimmed close to 75% of the old posts all the way back to 2007. There were plenty of examples of bickering, contention, and even some bullying.

My point is: Sure there could be less conflict and animosity but I'm not entirely convinced that the recent flare up is that different from periodic flare ups in the past. I think we have just experienced a local peak, not an absolute peak.

That said, I applaud I-Stew for challenging us to remain aware of how we act and react :notworthy:. I often tell my pre-school daughter: "that is not how good people respond to a bad situation." I say it often enough that I bet she will hear it in her head someday when she is older. (This is my daughter who has resorted to negotiating everything based on me giving her a silver coin for this or that or any reasoning she can find. She's a remarkably good kid, but I know I'm in for trouble with this one because she is way too much like me :help:.)

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
We might just be taking the whole matter a bit too personally.

Sure, some, (like Rileyboy) didn't want to take the abuse, so he left; that was his decision to make.

But quite a few, I think, are leaving because they are a bit TOO successful.

Let me illustrate:

At first you are a noob; proud of everything you find, so you post it for everyone to see.

Then you build a reputation for finding a lot of silver, and the posts sing your praises.

THEN some of the noobs start MOVING INTO YOUR TERRITORY and using the methods you gave them.

And if that's not enough, you start thinking about HOW MANY PEOPLE KNOW about how much you have posted; thoughts about your own safety start to nag.

So you conclude that it's better to cut out while the cuttin's good.

That's why I don't post finds. I like it here.

Keep on Rollin' !

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
madwest said:
Quite some time ago, I skimmed close to 75% of the old posts all the way back to 2007. There were plenty of examples of bickering, contention, and even some bullying.

My point is: Sure there could be less conflict and animosity but I'm not entirely convinced that the recent flare up is that different from periodic flare ups in the past. I think we have just experienced a local peak, not an absolute peak.

That said, I applaud I-Stew for challenging us to remain aware of how we act and react :notworthy:. I often tell my pre-school daughter: "that is not how good people respond to a bad situation." I say it often enough that I bet she will hear it in her head someday when she is older. (This is my daughter who has resorted to negotiating everything based on me giving her a silver coin for this or that or any reasoning she can find. She's a remarkably good kid, but I know I'm in for trouble with this one because she is way too much like me :help:.)

Having been on this forum since late 2006, the conflict/bickering between posters is not new and has been on again/off again for years. The cast of characters involved has constantly changed over time as new people show up and some people that have been around just fade off into the distance. There are various reasons for people to fade away: less time due to work/family commitments/other, less money for searching, lack of finds/loss of interest in the hobby, personal sense of security, greed, and other reasons as well.

In my opinion, a lot of the bickering/conflict stems from either a decline in the amount of finds which leads to frustration (and a belief that others on this board are responsible for that decline, which in this case is somewhat true) or just plain greed on the part of some posters who try to discourage others in hopes of reaping more themselves. The only time on this board in which I didn't see a lot of conflict was in my early days (2006-2007) when most people were finding quite a bit and the posts were all good...50 keepers in this box, 20 in that one. Everyone felt good, limited conflict.

Another thing that causes conflict is that tone is sometimes not easily deciphered in typed text. One person may say something in jest, but it's not always possible for the reader to tell that it was said in jest. Some things, if read with the wrong tone, can have very different meanings causing some posts to take on a life of their own due to misinterpretations.

Stang1968

Dec 14, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My thoughts are...
I'm tired of reading off-topic posts about how the forum has changed.
People always will come and go, and for any internet community to thrive, that has to be the case. A handful of specific users keep getting mentioned, but if you read the old posts, there were some prolific posters and monster finds made by many folks who don't actively post any longer.
It happens.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I have been here a good while but one thing I have noticed with a lot of new guys is that when they start finding the silver and pulling in higher quantity than those in areas that have been searched clean. There sometimes seems to be a bit of cockiness. This leads to animosity with other CRHers. I for one am happy to see great finds. I love to see pics regardless and I will always ask for them. It is not a personal attack if I ask if you can post a pic. I simply love the look of large finds. If you found a dream box with 100+ silvers then show it off. That is your chance to shine. It is ultimately your decision to post pics but you have to expect people to want to see a find such as that. One thing I know is that the guys bringing in spectacular box after spectacular box are enjoying a nice run. Hopefully it will last a good while like mine did but eventually the silver slows down and your finds will eventually become like the majority in this forum. Just my two cents. I think people are still offering great advice to those who are looking for it and still welcome everyone. I just think people get offended when asked to post a pic of spectacular finds and if someone gets cocky others get a bit jealous.

Golden Silver

BCD11

Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
:hello: from snowy Long Beach in NW Indiana!

Interesting topic. Many good points made, I'd like to add a couple...good, bad, or somewhere in-between.

I'm surprised there aren't MORE barbs and spears! Get more than one human together, add the anonymity of the internet, throw in $$, and bragging rights...could go on but maybe you catch my drift. Yeah, there's a feather out of place every now and again, but it seems to me overall the bunch that post here are a pretty congenial lot. Besides, getting one's attention with a gentle elbow to the ribs keeps the place from getting stale. I'm not advocating going after anyone's hide but come on, we is what we is and the world is what it is. Trust me, it could be a LOT worse!

On a more serious note; I really believe it's not what you say, but how you say it. One thing I've learned (probably one of the few) over the years is, would I like to receive the same spoken or written comment? If not, then why would someone else like to hear or read it? If I'm REALLY lathered up about something written and have the perfect reply to take their knees out...set it aside. Taking a break and cooling off, more times than not, allows for a more intelligent reply. Shoot, the other person might even have a valid point.

Time to get off the soapbox. But, in closing, I'll say this group has been GREAT in helping me get up-and-running in an interest that's turned into an addiction (hmmm...is that good :icon_scratch:). Wouldn't trade this crew for any other when it comes time for help!

Y'all have a good, and SUCCESSFUL if you're CRH'ing, weekend.

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I joined six years ago in the summer of 2006 my posts dont reflect it because I got a little tired of not hearing about hunting and seeing a little too many pissing contests. It is a great site and very informative and everyone on here newbie or old guy has something to give. Im about having a good time helping someone out and finding the lost city of gold. Not about putting down people. If it gets that way again I just leave and come back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread