• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Q&A session with an expert panel

There are certain members here that stand out for their knowledge of metal detecting. What I'm suggesting is a dedicated board with say the best five most knowledgeable members chairing it. Of course this would depend on the said members having the will/time to impart this knowledge.

You may say but they can do that here now but I'm sure there have been times when you wanted member X to answer your question in particular. not that I'm suggesting all answers aren't knowledgeable oh heck I hope you know what I'm trying to get across.

We could even hold a poll on the five members that would hold the said positions.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Re: A Q&A session with an expert panel

I think you are suggesting redundancies. The various forums here on T'net are already ALL "Q&A", so to speak. And persons who might be hardcore pro's are already, if they so desire, chiming in to put in opinions, answers, etc.... as it is. Seems like you'll just create one more of the same. If those persons you allude to want to chime in, they'll see a topic/subject matter, and click on it, already. Just my opinion.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tom_in_CA said:
I think you are suggesting redundancies. The various forums here on T'net are already ALL "Q&A", so to speak. And persons who might be hardcore pro's are already, if they so desire, chiming in to put in opinions, answers, etc.... as it is. Seems like you'll just create one more of the same. If those persons you allude to want to chime in, they'll see a topic/subject matter, and click on it, already. Just my opinion.
Agreed.....If there is someone that you want an answer from, include their name in the subject line.

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman said:
Tom_in_CA said:
Agreed.....If there is someone that you want an answer from, include their name in the subject line.
Thanks for the reply I just figured it may seem a little impolite to ask for a specific member to reply in general forums best regards

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

[quote

You may say but they can do that here now but I'm sure there have been times when you wanted member X to answer your question in particular. not that I'm suggesting all answers aren't knowledgeable oh heck I hope you know what I'm trying to get across.

[/quote]

The only Forum that I see people has the biggest problem, is the Contest Forum. Some Member X started a "Guess the Money in the Jar" thread and has changed there Screen Name. So now Everyone is left Wondering why the Member X will not respond. There alot of Questions in there, but X is not there to answer them.

Nova Treasure

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nova treasure said:
[quote

The only Forum that I see people has the biggest problem, is the Contest Forum. Some Member X started a "Guess the Money in the Jar" thread and has changed there Screen Name. So now Everyone is left Wondering why the Member X will not respond. There alot of Questions in there, but X is not there to answer them.

Nova Treasure

[/quote]OK that's a fair point if low one in my view. A little too personal without knowing all the circumstances surrounding it.

T

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread