A Quarter and 2 Mems

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the ravine behind the house. Wife was getting her hair done so had an hour to kill. Good place to practice digging and pinpointing. Dug the 2 memorials (1960D and 1962D) about 6 inches apart and the 1967 Quarter about 1 foot away from them. Done to a 3 inch circle on pinpointing. Have to do the "X" as the machine doesn't have the function. This is fun, and everywhere I drive now, I'm looking for potential spots for each upcoming weekend. Junk or coins, it's the thrill of the hunt.

Attachments

• ravine april 17 001.jpg
    ravine april 17 001.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 393
  • ravine april 17 002.jpg
    ravine april 17 002.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 390
Upvote 0

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds! Glad you are getting the pinpointing down. I have the same affliction....whenever I see an old house or barn I think, "Hmmmm, wouldn't that be a great place to check out..." :)

Keep searching.

HH

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
sounds like you are getting it figured out pretty well! Best of luck with the rest of the hunting!

dieharddigger

Dec 1, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/E-Trac
"The thrill of the hunt" says it all! And what it could be when you pull the plug! Keep working at it,I still have problems pinpointing sometimes,especially when it's shallow.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Yeah, something about digging stuff that is fun. I have found lot's of golf balls the last year...too bad I'm not a golfer. :P

Tomb Raider

Mar 4, 2007
Washington
Detector(s) used
Lobo Super T. Mine lab pin pointer
I'm with you on the trill of finding what ever. How in the heck can you find a golf ball with a m.d. ?

OP
OP
nealb

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies. Golf balls were eyesights. There is a field next to the ravine that Dads take their youngsters out to practice for the first time. I find one or two everytime I walk through there. Put these in to add some color to the photo ;D

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
I'm like you Neal, every time I drive anywhere I'm looking for potential spots. When I lay down to go to sleep my brain continues thinking about different spots. I'm still waiting to find something old; the oldest thing around here is the old guy in the mirror ;D This hobby is addicting! I guess since I quit smoking I had to substitute something else for it :P

Prober

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Pinpointing within 3 inches is pretty good. I dig rouglhy a 3 to 4 inch plug when I go after my targets. Your penny missed being a wheat by only 2 years, and the quarter missed silver by only 3 years. Looks like you might be hunting in a spot that could hold some silver??

Rumblebelly

Jan 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
(RS)Discovery 2000, white's bullseye, NEW DFX!!!
nealb,

don't lose that feeling man, it's great! the thrill of the hunt! it's the best.

to help practice learning your detector and the sounds and pinpointing, try kiddie parks that have wood chips: easy to dig through, usually clad, some jewelery, toys, not as much junk ... and if it is again its easy digging. That's about 75% of my hunting totals so far this year, including the war nickel and 2 of the wheat pennies.

have fun finding those treasures
Rumblebelly

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics Neal - not too shabby of a find, keep up the good work...silver will come! You're right, it's the thrill of the hunt, you never know what that next hole will deliver.......

HH/NS

AxeMan

Mar 10, 2007
Lombard, IL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
Nice finds. Is there a Railroad near by that gave up that spike? By the way did you find that Titleist 3 too? Looks like one of mine, I might have sliced your way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread