Detector(s) used
Ace 250

toregano54

Tenderfoot
Oct 30, 2007
N. IL
Detector(s) used
whites di5900
What a great philosophy! I deal with pulltabs and bottle caps by reminding myself that I am helping to clean up one of the greatest environmental disasters ever invented. Keeps me sane. Thanks for a great post. T

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
In “the hobby” I think we are all seekers, of something or another, and collectors of anything. I think the people who pay 150 bucks to buy a detector to find a pot of gold end up giving up in disgust after a few days, hours, or pulltabs. We are curious adventurers that long for that connection to the past. How many THers do you know that have NEVER sold even ONE of their finds? I have had about 10 good friends who have hunted for over 20 years each and TO A MAN they never sold so much as a wheat penny. WHY? I think I know the answer is in the composition of those who stick around long enough to earn the title. I can tell you that the rush I get from finding an old silver coin or CW bullet is NOT the realization that I hold in my hand something valuable. It is in the realization that I hold in my hand a barber dime that was lost by a child playing 100 years ago and is long since gone or a soldier dropping a mini ball in panic as history and death unfolds around him. “From their hand to mine over the centuries”
I, YOU, WE…..dont do this for wealth, there is some strange connection here. I have boxes of silver dimes, qts, etc and have never sold one. I sometimes look at them and wonder….or wander. :-\

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dang rebel you should of wrote the post not me...well said, I don't believe I could ever part with any of my finds, not strickly for the reason of money at least. I may have donated a couple items to someone who admired them and I know collected or would appreciate the piece more than myself but for the most part I horde it. Even the clad right now is still dear to me so it just keeps piling up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread