A question for military people ?

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi, before I ask my question, I would just like to say a huge Thank YOU! To all that have served in the military, both present and past..you are ALL hero's in my book!

Question I have is just a long time curiosity thing, not easily googled.

I like to sky gaze at night, for meteors and such, and for many years now, off and on I often see what I can assume are military aircraft flying always two of them, from the way it looks either one following or sorta side by side.

I would think they are military jets as I see them and they are normally way past me before I ever hear them.
And move much faster across the sky than normal aircraft.

My question, is this just normal patrol the friendly skies activity or do they fly patterns like this for some perceived condition.
Always have been curious of that, and quite jealous, as I'd have given anything to ever had the opportunity to pilot a jet like that.

Thanks
Mike

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be one of several things depending on where you live. Could be night training missions for student pilots if you're anywhere near an AF base. Could possibly be ANG pilots getting in their hours or training. As I said, it could be one of several things, but probably related to training or flying to get in required hours by pilots no matter what. We see quite a bit of that at times where I live because we have a large AF training base for basic jet pilot training within 250 miles. The pilots leave here and then go to a base where they then train on the specific fighter that they will be flying. You may be near one of those bases too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread