A question regarding the Impact's grip, shaft, and ergonomics

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the chance to hold/swing an Impact, albeit briefly, and was immediately struck by the awkwardness I felt regarding the grip and straight shaft. Now this is probably because I am simply used to different machines, but I thought it was curious that they chose a straight shaft as opposed to a curved, s-shaft like they used on other models. Coupled with the grip angle, I felt like I was holding the detector up unnaturally high. My question is for Impact owners: have you experienced any fatigue in regards to the grip/shaft? I also welcome any comments regarding the general ergonomics of the Impact. Thanks!

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some complained , or rather expressed some discomfort about the handle being angled too far forward. Some said similar things about the fors and relic.
I actually started a thread about shapes of handles recently as I have arthritus. I find the F75 handle the most comfortable of all the machines Ive handled and owned.
like others I was looking forward to the release of the impact as with the AT max or any other new release.
I have not heard much negative about the impact BUT I am looking forward to the release of the AT max so that I can see the different type of post release responses! Most people wax lyrical about new machines .Things seem a bit quiet in the post release phase of the impact, perhaps guys just need more time?
In the nokta thread I suggested raising the arm cuff up a little to shift the wrist angle a little. Someone else suggested a sheepskin cuff cover. perhaps in the future an adjustable handle rake angle may be considered by a manufacturer?

Chub

n3tuf

Mar 4, 2008
Glen Mills,PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just tried out the Impact this past weekend and compared to my Garrett Ace400, ATPro and Infinium and my Minelab ETrack the straight shaft on the Impact is a dream! I could swing that all day long. It has great balance and the only thing I had to get used to was the rear end with the battery box kept hitting my finds pouch so I switched it to my left side and the problem was solved!

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with n3tuf. I have an atpro and really like it but after getting my Impact and swinging it for 3 or 4 hours in an outing is a heck of a lot lighter and a whole lot less fatigue to my arm. I am still learning the Impact but really like it so far. I think they got it right ![emoji106]🏻

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread