A Reale nice day...

J

Jed

I would like to see more of the silver coins you found in the woods!!!

Dominoe

Mar 20, 2004
Oklahoma
That might still be a lighter. Most of the zippo style lighters I have owned you can pull the insides out and toss them away and you have a real nice little metal box with a springy lid. A friend of mine used his to hold his gum when he quit smoking, when he would get an urge, he'd whip out his lighter and chew some gum...

D.

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your post is missing re: the coin cache. Did you get nervous about the IRS?
When are you going to post some more pics of this?
Are you still running the insane gopher hunters or what ever that site is?
Did you post it there?
We NEED to see some more pics of the cache!! ;)

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There will be no more posts about the large cashe I'm getting paid very well for the rights for the story and I'm not allowed to give details. I already messed up once by posting it. I will not mess up the magazine chance. so you will have to wait to see it when the magazine comes out.

I got over 400 requests for the pics now, I never expected that many I have no way to answer them all. Sorry if you havnt recieved and email you wont.

other than new finds I cannot post about the cashe.

trgams

Apr 21, 2003
Columbia, SC, USA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Wow!!! Nice finds!!! I wish I was so lucky (or skillfull?) !! :) I look foreward to seeing the article in the magazine...which one? or is that top secret too? Anyways great new finds as well! ;D

PS That does look like a zippo lighter, could it be a similar one missing the innards?

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you took my earlier advice! ;D Let us know when it comes out if you will.
Thanks, CS

detectoman

Jun 7, 2004
Southern California
Hey j.d. in pa, that's not a lighter, it's called a match safe. It might say sterling on it somewhere. They sell in antique stores from $55. to $100. I know, I sold one for $55. four years ago. You found some real nice treasure.
Hope you find alot more, good luck...Jim

BRD

Mar 26, 2004
J.D.
The silver box item appears to be a match holder, probably sterling silver.
Nice finds,
BRD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread