A remarkable golf course for DAVs at Tacoma, Wa.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: A remarkable golf course for DAV's at Tacoma, Wa.

That is the first set of links I've seen designed for handicapped players, what a great idea. I was a member of a VA golf course that was also open to the general public, but it is nowhere near this course. When I first starting playing there, I noticed that there were no sand bunkers and noticed what appeared to bunkers at one time, so I inquired about it. I was told that the bunkers were filled in during the late 60's through early 70's because some vets were getting flashbacks from foxholes. Today the course has been brought back to it's original features and the vets are just loving it.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes

Amazing and Wonderful!

Thanks Ray and a safe and Merry Christmas is wished for all!

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250

Yes, Spart, I agree. That is a great idea. I'm glad to see them doing something so special like that for the vets.
Thank you for your reply.

hello, WH, thanks for watching. I hope you both had a great Christmas with family. We had a very good Christmas Day,
part of the morning with family,
and then afternoon and evening with more family.
Sunday morning we are leaving on a 2 day bus tour up north. Karen's sister and brother-in-law will be traveling with us.
We've done that a couple times before and enjoy it very much. Probably won't be back on here until Tuesday.

Have a good day.

Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions