Greenie
Dec 13, 2013
Prescott
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Fisher GB
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There has been an outbreak of rabies in mountain lion populations here in AZ. Luckily only a few people have been injured by these animals.
That being said, the attached pictures are the 5th set of tracks I've seen in a two week period. And these are in highly populated/ recreational areas such as Poland and walker districts.
These pictures were taken just off of Poland road by multiple housing areas.

Just a friendly reminder to be safe out there!

Attachments

• image-1012022731.jpg
    image-1012022731.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 227
  • image-2363620257.jpg
    image-2363620257.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 250

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
-Pretty big kitty tracks. They come down into areas where they can find food easily. Cats, dogs, garbage cans. Had a sighting near me in the north part of San Antonio. Tracks but no cat. They get hungry, just like us Texans who will eat at the greasiest spoon in town or maybe that's just me.

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks more like black bear...Still good to be cautious about though...

Attachments

• animaltracks.gif
    animaltracks.gif
    30 KB · Views: 4,258
OP
OP
Dorantroyaz

Dorantroyaz

Greenie
Dec 13, 2013
Prescott
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Fisher GB
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's a lion, 4 big toes is a kitty family. A couple of tracks were inside of one another possibly looking like a bear.

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
dora...I was sitting in the mobile home on Friday night...
something HUGE hits the side of the house...bang crash scratch...
I have a ladder next to the wall mounted swamp cooler....
what ever, falls off the ladder, twice....I am now reaching for the shotgun..don't like the sound of the scratching....
what ever, gets on the roof...comes to directly above where I am sitting and begins digging at the roof...
now, I am on my feet ,and headed for the door...
lock, loaded, out the door,as the unknown launches across to the bed of my truck...and gone...
here I am standing in the middle of the front yard with a loaded shotgun in the dark, and no target.
spooky.
I check the truck the next morning...big scratch marks on the side of the bed...
I am not a big believer in killing things...but this one had an air of menace that had me ready to kill on sight...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dorantroyaz

Dorantroyaz

Greenie
Dec 13, 2013
Prescott
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Fisher GB
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like you stole bigfoot's jerky....
That would be a very scary noise to hear in the middle of the night! Are you in a pretty remote spot? Out in clarkdale right?

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
in Clarkdale...Centerville.area...4 miles below Jerome...open country with a few clusters of homes.
it had to be a mountain lion...the thing weighed enough to make the mobile home roof bow...

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Be careful out there guys. My step son works as a cook in a tourist town in the mountains of Northern NH. Recently one of the guys he works with went to throw some trash in the dumpster at night and had his arm mauled pretty badly by a Black Bear that was inside the dumpster. Luckily he was able to run back into the restaurant before it could climb out. Needless to say they keep it chained shut now.

OP
OP
Dorantroyaz

Dorantroyaz

Greenie
Dec 13, 2013
Prescott
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Fisher GB
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
in Clarkdale...Centerville.area...4 miles below Jerome...open country with a few clusters of homes. it had to be a mountain lion...the thing weighed enough to make the mobile home roof bow...

Yeah I'd have been holding my 300 about to blow a hole in the roof! These big cats are something else!

I couldn't imagine encountering a black bear though....have yet to see one those in the bradshaws and I've been here almost all my life.

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cat and Bear then. I bet the cat was stalking the bear...

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it appears to me to be two sets of tracks there?
where's kuger when ya need him????
No, Pippen, it is clear that the two pics are of the same prints. The molted snow pattern shows up exactly in both pics. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread