A request.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Oak island. I understand that there are those that believe and those that don't. Those that support the show and those that don't. To me, it's cool either way. I personally support the show, as for what I believe, well that is undetermined as of yet.

My question is this: Why are the same four or so detractors of the show(You know who you are) still coming here debating a show they don't watch, nor want to watch, nor even care about?

I mean you made your points, it's phony, and just ratings, and just a cash grab. We get that and we fully understand what you are saying. As your points have been made, you no longer have to keep coming here trying to silence peoples theories on Oak Island.

Let the dreamers, and hopefuls, and those that think they have a viable theory debate and discuss without being challenged into silence.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Because the History Channel has the audacity to present this. I never came here until it went "network". And I scrutinize no other "treasure legend" hereabouts. This is the only treasure legend that doesn't even have a missing treasure to look for.

I'd rather see them do documentaries than "reality TV" that is more speculation than reality.

Besides - it is fun to offer a contrarian opinion. And in this situation much easier.

OP
OP
B

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
Because the History Channel has the audacity to present this. I never came here until it went "network". And I scrutinize no other "treasure legend" hereabouts. This is the only treasure legend that doesn't even have a missing treasure to look for.

I'd rather see them do documentaries than "reality TV" that is more speculation than reality.

Besides - it is fun to offer a contrarian opinion. And in this situation much easier.

Fun for whom?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, you could always try voting me off the island. ;-)

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Oak island. I understand that there are those that believe and those that don't. Those that support the show and those that don't. To me, it's cool either way. I personally support the show, as for what I believe, well that is undetermined as of yet.

My question is this: Why are the same four or so detractors of the show(You know who you are) still coming here debating a show they don't watch, nor want to watch, nor even care about?

You're assuming that the people that criticize the show also want it to fail. You're also assuming that the opinions of detractors are valid to a casual observer, which they may be. And if this is so, is this truly a problem?

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I mean you made your points, it's phony, and just ratings, and just a cash grab. We get that and we fully understand what you are saying. As your points have been made, you no longer have to keep coming here trying to silence peoples theories on Oak Island.

Let the dreamers, and hopefuls, and those that think they have a viable theory debate and discuss without being challenged into silence.

Do you shun those who ask questions in church too?

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The totally ironic thing is the treasure may have already been found as some of the decendents of the originally 3 say.. In which case the show isn't going to find anything BUT the treasure was real. At this point I don't think we will ever know...
That being said I agree with the OP, as to why keep coming on here bashing the brothers. They have the money to follow a dream, let them follow it.. I personally think most of the bashers on here are jealous of the brothers being able to search for their dream treasure. All of ya'll probably have a dream treasure your'd like to look for but money is keeping you from being able to do it right? The brothers have the money and have been able to work a show into it to help fund it. You'd jump at the chance to do that right!!!!
As I've said on here many times, I don't like the Simpsons, so I don't watch it, and I by no means troll the Simpson's Forums just to bash the show.. I have better things to do with my time...

OP
OP
B

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
You're assuming that the people that criticize the show also want it to fail. You're also assuming that the opinions of detractors are valid to a casual observer, which they may be. And if this is so, is this truly a problem?

I wasn't assuming either! As for who presents what argument, that isn't my concern. I have yet to see someone present a fact filled(pointing to references) argument against the island. I have seen plenty here for the island. OR are you saying that, people should be debating the detractors regardless? Because for me, I tried that here on several occasions and to quote ONJ, "it's gets me no where". SoI no longer try to provide an alternate view point. Keep in mind, I am neither for nor against there being treasure.

However,

I am not speaking about someone who has a different point of view in the way of criticism. I am talking about the person(s)(whomever this may be) who posts their same arguments 50 plus times ad nauseam on every different thread concerning the subject. It's as though they think that someone comes here, reads only one thread or we aren't understanding them. Now that I think about it, It could also be that they need attention.

As for asking questions, I don't even see where I "shun" anyone for asking a question. Not even repeated questions.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow.

Facts matter, and a theory that is not fact-based, is no theory at all. It's nothing more than baseless speculation. There is nothing wrong with speculation, but it's fiction unless there is something tangible to back it up. Nothing has been presented on the show, and no one here has presented anything concrete that would support any of these wacky 'theories'. I'm not hoping to silence anyone. I genuinely get a kick out of some of the incredible leaps that people make in order to advance their speculation, but when this nonsense is about the history of my home province, I'm going to speak up.

I have yet to see someone present a fact filled(pointing to references) argument against the island. I have seen plenty here for the island.

Here's a fact for you: in over 200+ years of searching, no treasure has been found, nor has there been found any indication of any visits to the island by Templars, Bacon, Shakespeare, Rosicrucians, Antoinette, or whatever.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you dispute the fact that the decendents of atleast one of the original three claim they found treasure. Surely you don't expect them to still have it all to show off now 100's of years later... I can't prove it did happen other then I have their word for it. You can't prove they didn't and have nothing but your speculation that they didn't..

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
SO is Rick Grimes going to come back to the show?

Wait, my bad, I think I have the wrong treasure hunting show.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I personally think most of the bashers on here are jealous of the brothers being able to search for their dream treasure.

I seriously doubt that jealousy is the main reason for people bashing them. I believer that it is more likely that people strongly believe opposite that of the brothers. They, (the brothers), really do themselves no favors in the way that the show is produced/presented. They may be doing things properly, but from the show, you can't tell. They find something and run off on down a rabbit hole after it, yet they find another object or idea and it is never heard from again. Maybe they follow all the leads or maybe just the ones that make good TV.

OP
OP
B

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
Wow.

Facts matter, and a theory that is not fact-based, is no theory at all. It's nothing more than baseless speculation. There is nothing wrong with speculation, but it's fiction unless there is something tangible to back it up. Nothing has been presented on the show, and no one here has presented anything concrete that would support any of these wacky 'theories'. I'm not hoping to silence anyone. I genuinely get a kick out of some of the incredible leaps that people make in order to advance their speculation, but when this nonsense is about the history of my home province, I'm going to speak up.

Here's a fact for you: in over 200+ years of searching, no treasure has been found, nor has there been found any indication of any visits to the island by Templars, Bacon, Shakespeare, Rosicrucians, Antoinette, or whatever.

I am not concerned about the treasure. Nor did I mention treasure. I am more interested in what is being found and how they are finding it. You guys can fight over the treasure.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not concerned about the treasure. Nor did I mention treasure. I am more interested in what is being found and how they are finding it. You guys can fight over the treasure.

Yeah I have to agree, it is pretty interesting seeing someone spend so much money and employ such tech just to find firewood. Sort of like using a timing light for wheel balance.

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Let's fight over that rusty spppaaaake

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you dispute the fact that the decendents of atleast one of the original three claim they found treasure. Surely you don't expect them to still have it all to show off now 100's of years later... I can't prove it did happen other then I have their word for it. You can't prove they didn't and have nothing but your speculation that they didn't..

A person can claim just about anything. It doesn't make it true.

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
I'm an avid watcher of the show. Do I believe there is treasure there...ehhh, probably not. I grew up reading about Oak Island/Money Pit, so I think that is why I have an affinity towards the show. The Money Pit treasure has about as much rooted fact in it as ANY of the treasure legends posted on here. You have hundreds of pages worth of responses to those threads, so I find it hard to believe that if you are a firm believer in the Beale Codes, Dents Run, Lost Dutchman's Mine, etc., that you can chastise the Lagina's or Money Pit in general. As I said, I really don't think there is anything there, but it makes for good entertainment for me. It is interesting to see the various new technologies being used for drilling, seismic readings, etc. I take it for entertainment, and if something is mysteriously found, even better. It's not my money being spent!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I pick on all reality shows in general.Why waste the time watching scripted B.S.The shows are as fake as the people that produce them.Anybody that thinks that they're real best upgrade their meds.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look at the show as a History lesson as to what has or may has happened there and who all may have been there it's a decent show. Canada probably looks at this way some, along with the tourist dollars it brings in... Kinda slow and all over the place but still. If your only goal watching it is to find the gold then yes it's a hard show to watch and you may never get to enjoy the show.. If your watching it just to be able to bash the show and the guys on it then it's a GREAT Show to you...as they all lend themselves to that. I'd imagine the show doesn't always show everything in order and how it actually happened along with at times going back to film something that did happen and they weren't filming at that moment... Keep in mind they can only do so much searching without having to get special permits etc which take time and at times probably refused..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread