Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This was a response to one of RJC's recent Threads "Preparing America’s Children for Slavery" that I didn't get a chance to finish because it was locked down. I want to set the facts straight about the Daycare in Manitoba fining a parent for not supplying a Grain in both of her children's lunches resulting in 2 separate fines of $5. What was posted is old news and has been for about a week now. Here is what never made it to the Thread.

The mother actually sat on the Board who recommended the fines be put in place and states that she does not blame the Little Cub's Den Daycare for their actions. The Daycare has now opted to provide a hot lunch for the children as a result of this which is a good thing. This crap has been resolved about a week (may want to post updated facts eh?) before this Thread was created IMOHO there is absolutely nothing wrong with a Daycare ensuring that a child has proper nutrition. According to Manitoba Early Learning and Child Care when at a daycare a child's lunch must include a milk product, a meat, a grain and two servings of fruit or vegetables. If the child is missing one of these the daycare provider must provide a supplement and that is where the two $5 fines (she has 2 kids in the Daycare) stemmed from. The fines were chosen as a deterrent that would help to ensure that parents send their children there with a proper lunch as some bad apples were sending the kids there with nothing but a sandwich or a Pizza Pop for lunch. I am in no way advocating the supplement of Ritz Crackers as a proper one, so don't go there. I just wanted to set the record straight about the whole thing, have a good day eh.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Backbacon:

This is spill over from a faux brouhaha over a little girl in North Carolina. There lies about "food police" and Mrs. Obama and such garbage all over the Internets.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regardless of whatever spill over this may stem from, I would like to give you all something to think about.

Slavery, REAL SLAVERY still exists in many parts of the world. Not only are the Chinese and Indian girls subjected to these things, but with so many expats in so many countries, that do not give up their cultural or tribal beliefs, the below article could save someones life.
Please do take time to read it. If you have a daughter or grand-daughter, I don't think you could imagine THEM, having to be subjected to this type of life.

How A Single Spoon Can Save A Young Woman From Being Forced To Marry Against Her Will | ThinkProgress

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread