goldbill

May 6, 2009
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites v3 deus v4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a place near me that I have had my eye on for several years ..It is beside a stream waterfall. Way way back before roads, the waterways were the roads and these falls were always a portage. One side of the stream is fairly flat ,,,,maybe a good place to camp? Last year new owners started a truck farm/garden and plowed about two acres on the flat.Stopped in today ,Introduced myself and asked the owner if I could metal detect his garden spot ..He had no problem on one condition. If I found a large men's silver ring would I return it to him? Absolutely I said do you have any idea of a general area where it might be? He said no . Well if you had to guess? He thought maybe on the right hand side. Turns out he was right on ,It was just under the grass came through nice and loud. Later found the large cent and a broach (costume I think) I think the large is a George because it is larger than the large cent I found scrubbed in the river. It is a toast so I might as well call it a George right.....My third pic I was trying to show it under the scrubber When I went to return the ring only the housekeeper was there but she was excited about the ring.I'm pretty sure I will be able to detect most of that farm!!! I'm thinking just after he plows this spring.. thanks for looking...Goldbill

Attachments

• DSCF2040.JPG
    DSCF2040.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCF2041.JPG
    DSCF2041.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCF2042.JPG
    DSCF2042.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 9

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great return, good work, nice finds

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Super all around! :notworthy: :headbang: :notworthy:

The farmer surely had a nice surprise when he returned home! :icon_thumleft: Keep us posted on your future finds from that site! Andi

blugotti1

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2009
GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds!!!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That certainly is a good way to secure future permission to a property. Hopefully he will pass the story on to friends and they will have spots for you too.

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold Bill ! Very nice job on securing permission and then coming through big time with the Ring :hello2::hello2: Yes the farmer would probably let you run your detector inside his house now :laughing7: well you get the point ! I have just got permission for a good old and I do mean old house and property up your way just out of town ! When I come up to hunt it I am giving you a call ! I was happy to see you posting ! Your friend, M.R.

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet ring !

Msbeepbeep