A September to remember, EEs monthy thread

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
A September to remember, EE's monthy thread

Well, tomorrow my first 2 Brinks half boxes of the month arrive. Hopefully they are kind to me. 26 boxes total this month when to comes to halves, hopefully I will pull close to average and make up for the purchases I had to make.

Since my hours have been cut at work for the next couple of months, I am going to start calling around to banks in the city and try to find some that will order me Ikes. Hopefully I can find one that will and hopefully it will be one I am a member of so I dont have to open up yet another account.

So.. hopefully this month serves me well, its been doing some good on the fishing :D

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck hunting and fishing! ;)
i just did a dime box, skunk, not good to start off the month,
hh
buff

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ike's? Those are hard to come by, nobody really has them any more.

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes you can get places to order them. KC has a local depository so its possible someone can order me a $100 bag or $1000 bag.

Wow! what do you do with them after you get them?

OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! what do you do with them after you get them?

Well, I plan on searching for silver and sell the remainders online via craigs list. I have several buyers who will buy them for between $1.25 and $1.35 ea. I am just having trouble getting my hands on loose ones right now so I want to try to get bags from banks and go from there.

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you post them on craigslist, how many do you offer at once? or do you just say you have some for sale?

OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
When you post them on craigslist, how many do you offer at once? or do you just say you have some for sale?

Depends. If I have a small number, I post the total number for sale, with years like 72x5 73x4 74x2 etc

If I have a larger number, I will say, I have 25 Eisenhower dollars for sale or 50 for sale tops and sell them as lots as people as about them. If someone asks if I have more than what I offer, I say yes and sometimes I will let them know I have more than listed.

I usually ship in a flat rate box for $5 to keep shipping down and I will also offer insurance as well. If they buy a good number off me, I cut the price down a little per to give them a bulk bargain.

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you always ship, or do you meet face to face sometimes?

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason I'm asking so many questions is I happened across a lot of ikes and I'm interested in selling, or at least seeing if there's any buyers. Thanks for answering my questions, I'm glad there's someone who's sold them before.

OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
The reason I'm asking so many questions is I happened across a lot of ikes and I'm interested in selling, or at least seeing if there's any buyers. Thanks for answering my questions, I'm glad there's someone who's sold them before.

Currently I have only shipped them, I have had buyers out of state interested and it was cheaper in the long run to ship than have them drive over here. Just a one way trip of 30 miles makes it cheaper to ship than drive and that is with a car that gets 30 mpg.

I have purchased stuff off Craigslist before face to face, I would never do so unless I was armed, safer that way. I usually bring a second person with me as well who is also armed.

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have purchased stuff off Craigslist before face to face, I would never do so unless I was armed, safer that way. I usually bring a second person with me as well who is also armed.

I agree, I would also choose a public place to meet. If I have a lot of Ikes, how should I mix the dates, or should I sell them by date?

OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree, I would also choose a public place to meet. If I have a lot of Ikes, how should I mix the dates, or should I sell them by date?

I would just mix them personally, there is no real value to any specific dates that I can tell, I would have to look in my coin book but what I had were average circulation coins so I didnt care to check the book.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread