A short interesting article about gold

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this interesting and am wonding what other's opinions are. Should I trade all of my silver for gold?

Huge Physical Gold Shortage Looms | CoinWeek
My opinion, for what it is (I have only been buying gold for 3 years or so) hold on to and buy silver too. Although I screwed up on posting historic values for G and S recently, silver still has a better track record than gold for the last ten years and WAS as high as 1100%+ of its ten year low. In '82, I had $23.000 to buy gold at $312/ounce. From Monex. At that time , they were only giving CERTIFICATES that they were holding that much gold for me. I declined. Today's offer of physical holding may get me to make another large purchase... but it may be silver instead of gold. I will look for pro help before jumping in. You may wish to do the same. Any help? TTC

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the long run Silver is the best buy, hold onto your Silver you will receive a better return. More Silver is used in the world than gold and that will create shortages down the road. If you have to, buy some gold but don't sell your Silver to get it. Keep On Stacking August is going to be a big month.

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any predictions, or wild guesses what will happen with the price of Gold or Silver if war breaks out in the Middle East.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold and Silver will break out before any war is declared anywhere. Lol Watch the Derivatives market not wars. IMO

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Gold and Silver will break out before any war is declared anywhere. Lol Watch the Derivatives market not wars. IMO

I would not be surprised to see PMs kept down for a while longer. If there is for some reason a surprise CFTC ruling this fall saying that there is silver manipulation and setting new rules/position limits, that would surely give silver and gold a boost.

I don't think we will see a derivatives crash for a while. When it does happen I believe it will be an overnight sort of thing that will catch everyone off guard. It appears like something will happen in Iran before November from all the news reports, but who knows? Anything going on there should cause PMs to soar, but the way PMs have been behaving the past year or so, they could go down even though that would be counter intuitive. Iran war will be bad for stocks though, that is for sure.

I believe that the Fed has been waiting on any further QE because they know there will be something coming like Iran, or another big bank failure, which will hurt stocks and such. Once one of these things happens and the stock market tanks, QE will be announced but not at one of their planned meetings, but instead as a surprise announcement, again catching people off guard. Once new QE is announced, you can forget sub 30 silver for the rest of this bull market.

All just my opinion.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread