A Silver Sort of Day

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
Since it isn't every day someone hands me silver at work and says: "you can just have it," I decided today must be a silver sort of day - so I took a road trip over lunch (even though I didn't really have the free time for it). (See the 2nd reply here http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,416272.0.html for the "you can just have it" story)

I started driving out of town to the west and stopped at each bank I saw - asking for halves. First bank: $100 machine wrap (paper was unfamiliar to me) netted a '69; second bank: $20 machine wrap rolls (different paper, again, unfamiliar) and $11.50 loose netted a '64 from the loose; third bank: no halves; forth bank: $40 cwr (2 rolls of $20ea - first I've seen of $20 rolls) netted a '67; I now say to myself, I'm not going to stop until I hit skunk; fifth bank: no halves; sixth bank: $60 machine wrap (paper like the 2nd bank's) - skunk; seventh bank (same town as the 6th): no halves - teller says "I just sold them all. Usually, nobody wants them, now there's a run on them."

I dumped $6 at the drivethru on my way getting back to work (30min late). Dude says "I use to collect these, but they don't make them any more." I say "yeah, it's kinda fun to see them again huh?"

Upvote 0

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
We're headed to the beach this weekend and we have Monday off so on our way back home, I plan to stop at a few banks along the way. Hope we have success like you did!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread