A skunk streak has started. Guesses on how long it last?

Goldmedalexchange

Aug 31, 2012
St Louis
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of you know I just started last month. I just hit half dollar box skunk number 6. Sucks......I hope I don't set any records..

I just started last month as well and my last two boxes (yesterday) were both skunks... So I right there with ya on that. I had a killer first box so I know it's out there... No one should have to deal with skunks ever again... May there always be silver in your boxes and hh.

Jerry

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you getting all your boxes from the same supplier?

Yea....all brinks from WF. Well at least they all come in double stack boxs so i assume all brinks.I only have accounts at Bofa and WF and Bofa won't order for me. Bofa coin boxes around here are either Dunbar or the ones with the holes on top( who is that, Loomis?) I know this because they will sell me smaller denomination just not halves. I have 3 WF branches ordering me 2 boxs a week which is about all I can handle with my work schedule but maybe I should try chase or another bank? Just kinda sucks because after almost 2 months of searching half boxs I have a measly 22 40% and 3 90% ........I'll probably quit halves soon if my avg doesn't come up.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on a 6 box skunk streak so i decided to go out of the normal area and scored a box with 4 gold plated and 2 silver...went back to the same place today picked up 3 90's and 6 40's and then 5 more gold plated...going back tomorrow for the last box they have in the vault hope its a good 1 ;-)
Maybe try going out of the normal and hunting outside your area if it seems to be culled out

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea....all brinks from WF. Well at least they all come in double stack boxs so i assume all brinks.I only have accounts at Bofa and WF and Bofa won't order for me. Bofa coin boxes around here are either Dunbar or the ones with the holes on top( who is that, Loomis?) I know this because they will sell me smaller denomination just not halves. I have 3 WF branches ordering me 2 boxs a week which is about all I can handle with my work schedule but maybe I should try chase or another bank? Just kinda sucks because after almost 2 months of searching half boxs I have a measly 22 40% and 3 90% ........I'll probably quit halves soon if my avg doesn't come up.

Are you a BoA customer? If not, become one, and order boxes....trust me...

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well thats bad if your only doing 2 boxes a week?? I did 28 boxes to day i think about 16 were skunks. If you have the cash do more lots more! I found 9-90% and 39-40% Thats over 9oz Hang in there it will turn around.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a 54-box skunk streak over 6 months, it was bad... hope yours doesn't last that long.. it was depressing to open skunk after skunk.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
So far this week, I'm at 8 boxes, 2 more tomorrow, I hope that doesn't make it 10! HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AND HE HITS A LINE DRIVE UP THE MIDDLE FOR A SOLID BASE HIT! The crowd goes wild. The streak ends at 6 scored 3 40% on my last box. Not epic but above avg I will take it. Normally when open a roll I'm really looking for silver rims but it had got the point where I was just mindlessly date checking and had gotten really bored when bam ! I won't lie, I kissed that silver coin when pulled it..........weeeeeeee!

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AND HE HITS A LINE DRIVE UP THE MIDDLE FOR A SOLID BASE HIT! The crowd goes wild. The streak ends at 6 scored 3 40% on my last box. Not epic but above avg I will take it. Normally when open a roll I'm really looking for silver rims but it had got the point where I was just mindlessly date checking and had gotten really bored when bam ! I won't lie, I kissed that silver coin when pulled it..........weeeeeeee!

Sick what this hobby does to you and how it can control your moods. Just don't kick the dog when you get skunked bc the dog will learn to be afraid of Half Dollar boxes. Pavlov kinda thing. Nice triple, keep it up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions