Dust Eater

Apr 15, 2015
MASATHVSETS
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a really great hunt. Located a colonial home site about 300 feet off of a trail. I was kind of afraid that the site would be hit already, but it was very hard to see it from the trail. Kind of an odd spot for a house as the land surrounding the cellar hole was very hilly. Going around the side of the root cellar I got a very, very faint signal with no VDI numbers. Ended up digging a small silver cache made up of 2 Spanish half reales and 4 flower cuff buttons all in the same hole. One coin is a 1719 half real minted in Cuenca, Spain (my oldest silver to date!):icon_thumright:. The other half real is dated 1763 & minted in Mexico City. Don't think this was a spill, as it would be difficult for a person to break both sets of cufflinks and lose their money all at the exact same time. Seems much more likely someone was hoarding their silver. Also found a trade ring with a blue glass face, an iron shoe buckle, a few buttons, and a toasted coin at the site. The coin has the hair tie of King William III, but I can't make out any other details.

11.jpg 1.jpg

3.jpg 5.jpg

1719 real - Copy.jpg

2.jpg 7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg 10.jpg 12.jpg

Upvote 74

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just another reason that I’m pissed over moving to FL....!

Heck man, even cajuns had sense enough to go all the way around Florida! lol

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG That is awesome! Congrats!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn man I love the look of colonial silver!!!! That’s an incredible pile of awesome colonial coins and relics. I absolutely love early silver links. That hand etched look is awesome. I’m going to vote BANNER on this hunt. To find a full set of cuff links is near impossible. Throw in the coins....incredible....toss in that amazing early ring and that’s a dream day. Congrats on such nice finds.

Rubka888

Jun 13, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jackpot! That is a dream day for me! I say banner too!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just and exceptional and unusual find. The four cufflinks and the two coins in the same hole leads me to think it wasn't a cache, but rather a lost money pouch. The cufflinks were in there because of their silver value. I think this find deserves to be on the Banner.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would have thrown up a tent and filed a claim thanks great post

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread