Dust Eater

Apr 15, 2015
MASATHVSETS
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a really great hunt. Located a colonial home site about 300 feet off of a trail. I was kind of afraid that the site would be hit already, but it was very hard to see it from the trail. Kind of an odd spot for a house as the land surrounding the cellar hole was very hilly. Going around the side of the root cellar I got a very, very faint signal with no VDI numbers. Ended up digging a small silver cache made up of 2 Spanish half reales and 4 flower cuff buttons all in the same hole. One coin is a 1719 half real minted in Cuenca, Spain (my oldest silver to date!):icon_thumright:. The other half real is dated 1763 & minted in Mexico City. Don't think this was a spill, as it would be difficult for a person to break both sets of cufflinks and lose their money all at the exact same time. Seems much more likely someone was hoarding their silver. Also found a trade ring with a blue glass face, an iron shoe buckle, a few buttons, and a toasted coin at the site. The coin has the hair tie of King William III, but I can't make out any other details.

11.jpg 1.jpg

3.jpg 5.jpg

1719 real - Copy.jpg

2.jpg 7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg 10.jpg 12.jpg

Upvote 74

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can we see a pic of the treasure chest those came in lol

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never heard of anyone getting a full set of linked-buttons (Cuff-links) - CONGRATS!

Mr. Digger

Nov 25, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, SE pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Colonial cuff links and two reales in the same hole? Yes, that is a banner in my book! Wow.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on an awesome hunt fellow Mass-hunter! You give me hope that I might get out and make my season debut next weekend!

-- Jeff --

GerryL

Oct 30, 2008
western MA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an awesome find! Congratulations! And this is in MA? Geez, I live in the hilltowns and still have 5+ inches of snow and ice around here.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome hunt, congrats on the links and the silver. Liking the ring also, it really has the colonial look to it.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOLY S**T!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luv the cuffs!!!! CONGRATZ......

Thaddeus

Dec 29, 2017
NFA
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 400i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow such a sweet hunt.....funny how you find it all in the same hole......weak signal......and i would not think spill either.......one poor old mans cache with alot of years on it really appreciate this one......i say banner

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the great day! :notworthy:

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't ...stop...drooling... Congratulations on some remarkable finds! The cufflinks are extra special.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions