Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been a while since the last silver find for me, at least a month or so. it has rained a lot and my site has been quite a mess. Of all things, my wife told me that she wanted to go detecting. it had rained for several days and I figured that it would be a mess but she wanted to see how the new program for her LF coil would do. So off we went and to my surprise, in some thick but knocked over grass, I managed to get what I thought would be a penny tone. Nope, 1918 Merc, what a beautiful sight! then the wheaties came slowly with some clad thrown in. The wife loved her new program and found her 1st 2 wheaties ever with the Deus. Most of the wheaties were in the teens or early twenties and just missed by a year of two nickles being buffs. The wife was very happy at not digging so much iron, in fact the iron that she did dig she was pretty sure that it was but wanted to make sure. Happy wife = happy life! I am not quite as concerned about the iron as she is but I do get tired of too much of it. The little tiny thing was possibly a necklace barrel clasp? it was a pain to find in the mud and I just about give up finding several times. I am still waiting for the grass to get cut so I can get to more areas. This site has been really awesome for us/me. Yahoo! Back in the silver again! DL

Attachments

• 20180408_195734.jpg
    20180408_195734.jpg
    980.6 KB · Views: 83

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great finds! Glad to hear about the program, to. Personally I don't mind iron; in fact I collect (hoard?) old iron to use in the blacksmiths shop.
Wrought iron, the good stuff...:laughing7:

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds! Glad to hear about the program, to. Personally I don't mind iron; in fact I collect (hoard?) old iron to use in the blacksmiths shop.
Wrought iron, the good stuff...:laughing7:

the bigger iron can be very cool for sure. I have kept a few pieces like leaf springs that I hope to sometime turn into a knife. other pieces like axes and such, make great wall hangers for the log house. A few hammers were good enough to put handles on as well. the wife is more into kicking my butt with either coins/jewelry or something else cool. she just gets very tired of digging 20 pieces of old iron nuts and washers when she thinks they may be something non iron. The sites themselves can determine if the iron is worth digging and some sites are well worth the digging lots of iron. I guess that as you get older and your body now determines how long or how many holes you can dig, you tend to want to get more productive or more quality holes versus the small iron quantity. Most of these places, we will end up digging the iron but it will be mostly after cherry picking the better finds.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Very good digs
Having the wife asking to hunt must be some treat!!
Congrats to a great start to a drier season

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! Love the merc!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions