creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice of you to move him, most folks would have done him in, but then again ole Mr. No Shoulders ain't too popular!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Umm Ant.. first, YOUR NUTS, second kindly keep that there in good ole california.. omg I hate snakes...

FireRescue

Jul 28, 2007
Middle Georgia
I usually tan rattler skins. People don't believe we have rattlers in Ga. but they're wrong.

If you ever decide you want to tan one I can tell you how.

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Got to hand it to you for moving that snake. I probably would have detoured around him. Non-poisonous snakes, I don't worry, poisonous, I don't bother.

I'm holding a picture of an 86 lb, 8' 7", rattlesnake with ten rattles, taken about 25 miles from where I live. And someone captured one a few miles from the farm last year. In all my poking around in the woods, I haven't come across one, and hope I never do. But we do have them in most parts of the state.

Some of you might remember the black racer I posted pics of, he was living in the lawnmower shed. So I was loading out some junk and tossing it onto my truck. I grabbed an electrical panel and set it on the tailgate and out pops Mr. Black Racer, about a foot from my belt buckle. After I got back into my skin, I look and see his tail disappearing into the truck bumper. I don't know if he rode to town with me or not. It was getting dark and I was too chicken to keep digging in the other sheds.

I think it's an old wives tale that black snakes and copperheads won't stay together in the same place, because I've seen them co-habitating. Darn those old wives.

I know this guy, he's missing two fingers. I asked him what happened to his fingers. He said he was bitten by a copperhead, tied the fingers tightly with rubber bands, until the fingers turned black and fell off. He saw a snake skin in the barn and now he won't set foot back in there.

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snakes = Rodent control.
Thay are more afraid of you than you are of them. Remember, you are in their house so treat them with respect.

Nice job :thumbsup:
Steve

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
He was guarding the prize. You better go back and try again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread