A Special Tribute to WWII and Korean Vets: THANK YOU!!!

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
With Memorial Day approaching, I want to say, from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU to ALL of the United States Veterans, living in all parts of the country, and the world!

Regardless of your thoughts on our current situation, the fact remains, we have men and women of all walks of life from 18 to 58 serving in our Armed Forces. They are doing a job that they VOLUNTEERED for, to Protect, to Serve God and Country and I'll be damned if they ain't doing a DAMN GOOD JOB!!! ATTA BOYS to you all! (No AWW S*ITS here to wipe away those Atta Boys!)

http://www.managedmusic.com/php/BYGIndex.php?page=playBYGVN

Thank You's should NOT be during a holiday, but each and every day. When you pass a Solider, Airmen, Sailor, Marine, Coast Guardsmen, National Guardsman, please take a few minutes of your precious day to shake the hand of that individual and say THANK YOU!

I will never forget, as my daughter was walking through Chicago with her father the day she graduated Navy bootcamp (June 2004)...a citizen came up to her, took her hand in his and shook it and said THANK YOU! I felt so proud, being a veteran myself, that someone took the time to say THANK YOU to MY DAUGHTER!!! And she was just beginning to serve our great country!

My Grandfather served during WWI and I asked him one day why he fought against his homeland. He was born in the U.S., but his grandparents were born in Prussia, so that is my homeland too, even though Prussia no longer exist. But his response was ..."I did NOT fight against my home, but for my home against the Nazi's!"

My Father served in the U.S. Army, 20 year Vet with two tours of Vietnam (Saigon and Da Nang). I really don't know his true thoughts of the war, as we never spoke of it....but regardless, he still served! I remember reading letters he wrote home about the bombs going off, of one time when he and a few buddies were leaving a bar and as they were leaving, a young boy walked in and a few minutes later, the place blew up! My Father and his buddies were saved by the GRACE OF GOD! My Father also volunteered at the local orphange in Saigon and my mother and her friends along with the Cape Fear Coin Club helped with sending stuffed animals and other items to him to help the orphange. My Father had a story written up in the Fayetteville Observer as well. I took that article to school (I was in the 6th grade at the time) and was showing it off, I was SO PROUD of my Daddy!

Each one of us know a veteran, have a family member who is and/or we are one ourselves. There is NO CLOSER KNIT family than those that served in the military. It's not like high school friends that grew up together. And unless you served, you may not understand what we are meaning by this bond....but trust me...it's a strong one!!

So, to all my Shipmates (of all services), I THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart, for all of your scarifices for giving me what many of us take for granted...OUR FREEDOM! For if not for those who served before me, I may never have had the opportunity to serve under the RED, WHITE and BLUE of the United States of America!!! And even though we are going through some difficult times in our history, I will ALWAYS be PROUD of the RED, WHITE and BLUE and ALWAYS be PROUD to be an AMERICAN CITIZEN!!!

God Bless You All Today and Always,
Annmarie
U.S. Navy Retired
1974-1995

PS: Granddaddy and Dad, you are no longer with us, but you are in our thoughts and we still think of you and THANK YOU also for your service. Rest in Peace! I love you!

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
A beautiful tribute, Ann. Thank You for your service. :icon_salut:

Yes, we take our freedom for granted, but isn't close to being free. Please take at least a moment and remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice so we can have barbeque's and play on this, one of the most solemnest of days.

DM

[youtube=425,350]2tglKP1C7aA[/youtube]

DM

OP
OP
LadyDigger

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Digginman said:
A beautiful tribute, Ann. Thank You for your service. :icon_salut:

Yes, we take our freedom for granted, but isn't close to being free. Please take at least a moment and remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice so we can have barbeque's and play on this, one of the most solemnest of days.

DM

[youtube=425,350]2tglKP1C7aA[/youtube]

DM
DM...You are Most Welcomed! And Thank You.....for that wonderful tribute. I have not heard that song in years. I also, as a young lady of about 10-11 yrs old...met Barry Sadler. My best friend, whom we are still best friends to this day, lived next door to me in Fayetteville. Her father was a Green Beret. He has long since retired. He was friends with Mr. Sadler and I had the pleasure of meeting him! He was a very nice man!

So, Thank you for posting that....brought back a wonderful childhood memory!

God's Blessings to everyone!
Annmarie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread