Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The three sections of "my" Erosion Beach (Southern California) are quite unique ... Upper, Central and Lower. I generally hit one section at a time for a 1 or 2 hour hunt. The productivity varies over time as erosion brings out new sand. Sometimes the sand is sterile and sometimes it's fantastic.

Last week I was concentrating on the amazing lower section. A short stretch was producing clad at about 12" to 24" intervals. I was getting 2 or 3 signals per swing. and getting enough Silver to keep my attention and enthusiasm high.

The upper section has been a little more tame...BUT it's where I've gotten 4 of the 5 Gold rings from this beach.

First hit yesterday was a Silver ring. Eroded, purple and with a missing stone (but still a beauty to me!). I carefully checked for the missing stone and the surf helped by washing some of the sand away...but no stone (I wonder how a beer bottle sea glass chunk would look?).

Lot's of nails and some huge chunks of iron (upwards of 20 pounds) plagued my hunting. A Silver Rosie (1964D) popped out and brought me a smile. I saw some butt prints on top of the small cliff the cut makes and decided to check it out. WOW my heart literally stopped when I saw my scoop. This is the biggest ring (and arguably the most SPECTACULAR) I've ever found!

When I got home I told my wife I had found the most Amazing, Spectacular ring of my life .. and I was willing to give it to her! She took one look at it, smiled, looked at me and laughed for 5 minutes straight. Gee...and I thought it was so beautiful. I guess it's really true ... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

First photo is my son (20 next month) at the half way point of the Long Beach Marathon...his 4th marathon taken just 1-1/2 hours ago

HH Joe

PS: I am trying to return the "Spectacular" ring

Attachments

• Dan oct.JPG
    Dan oct.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 692
  • Sil ring 10 Oct sm.jpg
    Sil ring 10 Oct sm.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 703
  • Spectacular ring.JPG
    Spectacular ring.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 688
  • Spectacular ring 2.jpg
    Spectacular ring 2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 688
Upvote 0
C

Cappy Z.

Have you considered a manicure?

Just kidding!

Very nice, very nice indeed!

Keep up the hot finds!

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol dont feel bad Doc the Red Head has done the same thing to me a`couple times , bet the old ticker skipped a beat seein that in the scoop.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes that is a intesting looking ring....Matt

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is definately a spectacular ring!!! :thumbsup:
You do not see rings like that very often.
Congrats on a sweet find. Gold Nuggets :hello:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!! yep thats spectacular!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions