Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted a bit yesterday. VERY slowwwww day. We were at an area that we've hunted hard and the finds were few and far between. A bit of change and two miners tags in areas that we couldn't get to until the grass was cut. At the end of the day I managed to find a wheat. 1909 one! :thumbsup: But the date is about all I can see on it. :-\ Don't have a clue if it's one of those VDB ones or not, cause it hasn't been cleaned. :-X (Don't read that part ME!) ;D A question here....since it's dirty enough to need to be cleaned to be able to tell, would it really matter if I cleaned it or not? ???
Now I really hate to leave a site and not have at least one keeper, and I was beginning to think that one wheat was going to have to do. Decided to go to the street side where the torn down house and dirt are mixed. First dig there and last dig for the day was my official keeper! ;D A sterling something or other. I don't have a clue what it is, but I've got it posted in the What's it forum if ya have a guess. :)
IMG_3916.jpg

IMG_3922.jpg

IMG_3928.jpg

Thanks ya'll and don't forget tomorrow is Mother's Day! :wink: Happy Mother's Day to all our Moms! :-*

Nana :)

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,156956.0.html

Upvote 0

jimbob450

Feb 26, 2008
spokane,wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic I.D.
Nice finds Nana. I think i would use soap @
water and let it dry then stick it in a potato
for a week. Let us know how it turns out.
Jim.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Happy Mother's Day, Nana!!!! I love the silver, and just wish I knew what it was. You are the bestest digger!!!

Go dig tomorrow and have fun!!!

Noodle :-* :-*

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs nana!! I sure hope that lincoln is what you want. If not ,you still had a great time and thats what really counts :wink:HH

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice huntin' Nana. I got rained out here today...and tommorrow's Mother's day...so no huntin for me until at least next weekend. That silver piece almost has to be a piece of sterling tableware made into something...I would think. It's nice whatever it is :thumbsup:

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer
Nice find Nana Looks like the end of some flatware Sweeet!

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG Nana, you always seem to find the neatest stuff. :thumbsup:

I agree that the silver item is probably from a piece of tableware. Maybe someone was going to make a ring out of it, and that was all the farther that they got it cut down. Who knows?

Anyway, keep swinging, and have a happy mother's day.

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs Nana! That silver doohicky certainly looks like the end of a piece of flatware... with the condition of the '09, I wouldn't worry too much about cleaning it... Nuke some peroxide and let it sit in there until the bubbling stops. Then just wipe it down with a q-tip / peroxide.

HH and happy mother's day

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana,
Congrats on the finds. That 1909 has to be killing you. ;D :wink: I found one of those VDB's before. I didn't even know where to look for "VDB" at on the coin, and once I saw it, I couldn't believe how small those letters were. Very easy to miss.
I hope yours is the real deal. Can't wait to hear. :wink:
Way to go.
-MM-

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Great digs Nana! What you need that 09 to be is a 1909 S v.d.b. I have a 1909 no vdb & its only worth $2; I have a 1909 v.d.b. with no mint mark (the penny has an imperfection where the mint mark would be) and its worth $8 - 10.
The S vdb would start at $650. Good luck!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Happy Mother's Day Lucky Pants! Congrats on your wheatie and the whatzit....I have been watching it in the What is it thread and some good ideas but I think it has yet to actually be solved. Very interesting doohicky as grandpa used to say. :wink: Would be easier to figure out without the lightening bolt wire portion tossed in there. lol Good luck figuring out what it is and have a great day today!!

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Nana :thumbsup:
That is a fancy looking piece of silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread