A strong start - season 6

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Proof of what? The man said he carved his initials in it. What more proof you want. As far as seeing other possible symbols if you can't see all the different indention's on that rock something is bad wrong with your eye sight. Granted none of this means it's the 90' stone just the stone the man found and carved his initials into.. and hopefully this is not a rock setup by the show... I never said it's "The Stone" just that there are possible symbols on it in random locations...

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Proof of what? The man said he carved his initials in it. What more proof you want. As far as seeing other possible symbols if you can't see all the different indention's on that rock something is bad wrong with your eye sight. Granted none of this means it's the 90' stone just the stone the man found and carved his initials into.. and hopefully this is not a rock setup by the show... I never said it's "The Stone" just that there are possible symbols on it in random locations...
Why such hostility ?
and what man said he carved his initials in it?
maybe you should work for the show, a lot of fertilizer there. :laughing7:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a basic statement, and you just ask where's the proof. Again I ask proof of what? I'm not hostel it's just that is all some of you say every time someone makes a general statement. I can't prove that is the 90' stone but the initials and other indention are there for you to plainly see.. Might be a fake who knows at this point. All I was saying is that you can see it in the pic on the first post of this page..I can prove that as it is there in plain sight

If your watching the show you would have heard about the guy claiming to have carved his initials in the stone. ( if your not watching the show why are on this site and if you don't believe why watch the show and be on this site. I'd really like to hear your answer to that. )

I'd love to be apart of this show in some form as would most of ya'll or why watch the show and be on this site..

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I made a basic statement, and you just ask where's the proof. Again I ask proof of what? I'm not hostel it's just that is all some of you say every time someone makes a general statement. I can't prove that is the 90' stone but the initials and other indention are there for you to plainly see.. Might be a fake who knows at this point. All I was saying is that you can see it in the pic on the first post of this page..I can prove that as it is there in plain sight

If your watching the show you would have heard about the guy claiming to have carved his initials in the stone. ( if your not watching the show why are on this site and if you don't believe why watch the show and be on this site. I'd really like to hear your answer to that. )

I'd love to be apart of this show in some form as would most of ya'll or why watch the show and be on this site..
Some of us have been following the Oak Island saga for a long time....way before the two buffon brothers got involved, as such, our information comes from sources other than questionable experts.... but you go ahead with your newbie theories, as Loki said...its just humor

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking at the pic at the top of the page there are what could be all kinds of worn symbols on it. Granted they don't all look to be in line with each other to form a sentence. The LN is the only thing that really stands out of course, but it was supposedly carved into it much later down the road...
It does appear to be a negative image or something. The carved bit/indentations are raised (very different from the other picture).

stone.jpg

stone2.jpg

Maybe someone else here can explain what type of camera/light took the different image..

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not supporting the show or anything but the "LN" could be the letters "DM" look closely at the "L" looks as if it could be "D" that is worn. But why the letters are raised instead of scratched I do not know unless they are fake?

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But why the letters are raised instead of scratched I do not know unless they are fake?
It something to do with the photo image. It may be a negative image (or taken under some special light). The letters are not raised as shown on the first stone picture. I am sure that someone that knows about photography can explain it..

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of us have been following the Oak Island saga for a long time....way before the two buffon brothers got involved, as such, our information comes from sources other than questionable experts.... but you go ahead with your newbie theories, as Loki said...its just humor

For the 20+ years prior to the brothers coming along there hasn't been hardly any activity on the island. Not much to follow since Dan quit working on his 10x hole back in the early 70's . So what have you been following? I don't have any newbie theories. Like alot of us on here I first hard about oak island in the early 70's. Atleast the Brothers are following their dream of searching for it. If they weren't Dan and his son would just be doing Tours for income.. I do believe in the Money Pit though it may or may not have had a treasure in it. It was there. 90' stone might be a ruse, who knows and who cares really. Rather it was there or not has nothing to do with a treasure, same as the marked logs they are looking for now..

Side note. you didn't say if you watch the show and why if it is soooooo bad....

Last edited:

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
When I have hard to read things, like tiny serial numbers on metal or old signatures on paintings - I snatch my son's iPad and take a photo using that fake infrared setting to make high contrast reversed images so I can see things better.

Last edited:

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, Divining Rods, brass pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a negative image of the stone , I always use negatives because they make the carvings and scratches easier to see. (Im old) What is carved into the surface is raised above the surface in a negative image ... I can see nothing other than scratches and LN ln stone neg.jpg
Sorta looks like a caveman Bob Ross creation with 3 happy little pine trees in the middle of the rock...

Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you think of the crazy shapes some of the drawings have of what the stone looked like you can see how some of those other scratches could be some of those symbols with parts of them worn away. All of them are on an angle in this pic. Needs to be rotated clockwise about 45 degrees.. Nothing seems to be in a line to form a sentence though. Kinda all over the place so yes it leads you to believe there is nothing else on there and may not be... Middle of pic far left edge looks like and Roman Numeral 2 with a line across the top, on an angle along with all the scratches appear to be on an angle compared to the LN letters.. Not saying YES, this is the stone. Just lets wait for it to be scanned..

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw how you might see the LIV but there is no space between the I & V. Not sure how you see L4.. Maybe they are actually roman numerals..

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Someone Needs To Put...Humpty Dumpty...Back Together Again!

This weeks episode of...Drilling Down...showed the crew outside the Oak Island Museum viewing the many broken stones...some with engravings on them.

These stones appear very similar to what the show is calling...the 90 Foot Stone.

The claimed 90 Foot Stone with the possible initials LN carved into it is roughly the same size and color as these stones and has similar engraving markers.

Someone needs to play with these Jigsaw Pieces and match them up.

Oak Island Stone Engraved.jpg

This Stone, I believe may have the initials JM engraved on it.

Oak Island - Stone Engraved.jpg

rabidus

Dec 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show exaggerates many things and entertains too many wild theories but I don't think the Lagina's allow the show to be completely fraudulent.

My take on the stone is this. The Oak Island Treasure Company had a stone in the book binder's window while they were trying to raise funds. The stone was described by Harry W. Marshall as "..some lad had put his initials "J.M." on one corner, but apart from this there was no evidence of any inscription either cut or printed on the stone.".

It is very possible that Marshall wrote this years later and thought he recalled the initials as J.M. but they were actually L.N. It wasn't an affidavit, just a letter. If the show just created this stone as a fake, they would have put J.M. on it as that is the only written description of the stone.

Obviously, it is preposterous that the Lagina's went back to the building and happened to find the stone in the basement. Rumor has it that they acquired the stone from a private owner. For whatever reason, Prometheus didn't think this was exciting enough so staged "finding" the stone where it was last publicly seen. You can tell this because the guys on the show aren't actors and that was as unnatural a scene as could be.

So I think it's reasonable to assume that the stone they "found" is in fact, the "90 foot stone" that was at A&H Creighton. However, that stone was likely not the "real" 90 ft. stone and instead, just something used to help raise funds. In all probability, there never actual was a stone found in the money pit.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Now...This Is What I Call...Reality TV!

Maybe...the Curse Of Oak Island...Should Have These guys On!
Stoned 1.jpg

Last edited:

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
I thought one of the sons/nephew and another cast person went to the book binders shop a couple seasons ago, while it was being renovated and looked high and low for the stone there and found nothing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions