A strong start - season 6

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Episode 3 was so so in my books.

That crane at Smiths Cove is HUGE!!! WOW. That's an impressive effort to coffer dam that area. I wanna see more but it looks like a couple of months of work before they can do any digging there. Hope they show more of the Irving guys making the coffer dam.

The sonic boom guys had some sketchy data for their 3d maps. I'm not buying the vault they "just missed"... that was so Maxwell Smart. Kinda funny though. Also they found the flood tunnels? Gotta see more of that too.
Odd how they did so much boom work out in the woods for that area they said Dan mentioned before. I have watched all 6 seasons, don't ever remember them mentioning that spot or anything in that area. Dam, cue the announcer.... Is that where the treasure is really hidden???

GD is getting very annoying with his Bobby Dazzler attitude and words. I wonder if he can did a hole? Someone mentioned that on a thread. Fool never has a speck of dirt on him yet he "top pockets" all the good stuff???? Huh??? Wait, maybe he is smarter than we think.
So cool to find a Templar hook and Templar nail right on the beach. That dude is so lucky. I gonna get a MD just like his cause he finds all the best stuff. I bet I can find some Templar stuff in my yard if I had the same detector.

Gotta wait another week for the next show and if the show follows course next weeks episode should be a bad one. Seems like good, bad, so so good, so I expect so so bad.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing episode three showed is they certainly are throwing money at it... That was a massive crane... The sonic map was extremely interesting. The sonic drill core samples seem what they should of been doing from the start rather then drilling all those massive holes from previous series. The first anomaly not near the pit seems like a tunnel. It is very interesting that the other holes they drilled all just missed the void.

An interesting episode. Still my money would be on that void being a natural cavity..

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One thing episode three showed is they certainly are throwing money at it... That was a massive crane... The sonic map was extremely interesting. The sonic drill core samples seem what they should of been doing from the start rather then drilling all those massive holes from previous series. The first anomaly not near the pit seems like a tunnel. It is very interesting that the other holes they drilled all just missed the void.

An interesting episode. Still my money would be on that void being a natural cavity..

Yes, the sonic drill... I forgot about that. That was pretty cool and should have been used before... maybe it wasn't available till now.
They def are using some cool new tech this season. But unfortunately that will not turn the natural voids into treasure vaults or Templar flood tunnels. Sorry guys.

Do you remember them ever talking about the area in the woods?

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couple years ago 2 of the guy took a small backhoe into the woods. Can't remember what their reason was for the area they dug, seems like it had something to do with a divining rod search but anyway they could only dig down about 8 feet or so with the backhoe and didn't find anything and never went back..

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Couple years ago 2 of the guy took a small backhoe into the woods. Can't remember what their reason was for the area they dug, seems like it had something to do with a divining rod search but anyway they could only dig down about 8 feet or so with the backhoe and didn't find anything and never went back..

I remember that. Was that in the same area? So long ago... so many rehashes of the same old same old... must have forgotten. Some backdoor entrance to the vault in the MP or swamp? Something like that??

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, Divining Rods, brass pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah , that was supposedly on "the bald spot" where no vegetation grew . Dan was demonstrating his divining rod skills ... They can only excavate 8-9 feet anyway with out a special permit

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah , that was supposedly on "the bald spot" where no vegetation grew ....
So maybe someone has dumped a heap of toxic waste in that tunnel. If it is fifty feet deep and killing everything on the surface... Does not sound to healthy....

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, Divining Rods, brass pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So maybe someone has dumped a heap of toxic waste in that tunnel. If it is fifty feet deep and killing everything on the surface... Does not sound to healthy....

I always thought it could have been the spoil pile from a deep excavation , soil quality so poor it could not support vegetation , but since I have no idea where this area actually is in relation to the seismic investigations, i can neither confirm or dispute the idea of toxic waste. Didnt Dan B, name his drill hole the"latrine" hole because of the **** his drill brought up ? ..... must have been a lot of foul crap if its in a hole 50 feet deep .... and it could be the location off a small treasure ... like modern day scoundrels, dig a hole , throw a few pennies in the bottom, defecate in the hole , then fill it back up so who ever finds it next has to dig through the crap. ( this actually happens ) anyone that metal detects has a chance to find one of these honey holes....

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I always thought it could have been the spoil pile from a deep excavation , soil quality so poor it could not support vegetation , but since I have no idea where this area actually is in relation to the seismic investigations, i can neither confirm or dispute the idea of toxic waste. Didnt Dan B, name his drill hole the"latrine" hole because of the **** his drill brought up ? ..... must have been a lot of foul crap if its in a hole 50 feet deep .... and it could be the location off a small treasure ... like modern day scoundrels, dig a hole , throw a few pennies in the bottom, defecate in the hole , then fill it back up so who ever finds it next has to dig through the crap. ( this actually happens ) anyone that metal detects has a chance to find one of these honey holes....
It would be funny as hell if it turned out that the money pit was just an old latrine :laughing7:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey! You can get some good bottles in old privy pits.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would think they should start with testing the soil... Be a shame to dig down and find they have discovered an old military waste dump of chemical weapons (or something similar)...

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Occam's razor is the problem-solving principle that the simplest solution tends to be the correct one... That metal prong/point is an almost exact match the central prong on a old gigging spear

$_1.JPG

Why would you not eliminate that before jumping to conclusion its a part of an old roman weapon. It makes no sense...

The only thing that episode told us was they could not find the cavity that the sonic map said is there...

What is the point in researching if the Templars come to Oak Island to bury treasure if there is no buried treasure?..... Surely you find the treasure and then try to work out who hid it....

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Occam's razor is the problem-solving principle that the simplest solution tends to be the correct one... That metal prong/point is an almost exact match the central prong on a old gigging spear

Why would you not eliminate that before jumping to conclusion its a part of an old roman weapon. It makes no sense...

The only thing that episode told us was they could not find the cavity that the sonic map said is there...

What is the point in researching if the Templars come to Oak Island to bury treasure if there is no buried treasure?..... Surely you find the treasure and then try to work out who hid it....

They jumped right to the Roman spear get the viewers excited, makes them want to watch another episode, etc, etc.
An old Gigging spear does not help push Templars, Romans, Pirates, BigFoot or Aliens... not even my new Dinosaur theory I am working on.

I am gonna guess all the "Voids, Tunnels and Shafts" found by the sonic blasting will turn out to be nothing... wish they would be something but the way this show goes, they will cone up empty and leave us hanging. They did come up empty on the current hole so they moved over 5' or so and will start another. Wasn't this the same area as the "ancient pottery, book and binder fibers, 200+ year old bones"???? Keep digging and core up some goodies!!!!!!

This show is done backwards like most Prometheus productions. Speculate with wild theories and conjecture, waste most of the show on this and then spend little time showing or finding anything of value.
I think most of us here liked the story way back when we were kids but are pretty sure nothing is there and maybe never was. Sorry.... just stating the facts.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Why would you not eliminate that before jumping to conclusion its a part of an old roman weapon.

As I explained in the other thread, you're not using the correct filter. It all makes complete sense when viewed from the right angle.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, but where do you fins a "filter" like that? I have heard opof "rose colored glasses" . . . but c'mon.

DnjWhDQX0AYZbo6.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread