A Summer of Hunting the Finger Lakes

Nectar

Greenie
Sep 5, 2013
Penn Yan, NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So another summer over...Bummer! But it was not without its adventures.

I spent some time with family on Keuka Lake (NY), and while there I hit some potential hotspots. Searched some of the old mill sites along the Outlet Trail near Penn Yan--Hoping to find some industrial treasures, but only found junk (Along with a pocket full of change--All new stuff). Then hit up a sparsely developed industrial park south of Penn Yan, where my uncle said a lot of landfill has been brought in over the years and used to be old farm land. Found more silver there than ever in my 8 years of detecting.

Also spent some time in Canandaigua, where I hit up the county parks on the east side of the lake. Found a couple of wheats, but some of the locals said that the parks get hit over pretty good by local hunters. Best hunt by far was an old farmhouse in the Bristol hills. Found a lot of old tack (Buckles, rings), and some old hand tools. I think I have more fun finding artifacts than I do finding roundness--Nothing like some good mysteries to ponder.

Didn't get a lot of time to scour the city (Rochester) this year...Still looking for that one "Honey" of an old house to poke around for some treasure!!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions