A surpise 1894 barber...

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_2522.JPG IMG_2523.JPG Back Side.JPG Front side.JPG Got out this last Saturday to one of my pounded parks. Had just dug a clad quarter at about 6 inches, proceeded to move ahead and caught one of those tones that stops you dead in your tracks about a foot from my last plug. I couldn't get the numbers to lock on but was getting a 27-46 most of the time. The tone was sweet (using my E-Trac not my CTX) and repeatable so I dug a plug. The hole was about 7". I stuck my sunray probe in and I didn't get a tone until I checked the side of the hole, got a sweet tone on the left side and null on the upper side of the hole. Stuck my digger in, popped the dirt lose and I saw a flash of silver fall into the hole. Its so warn at first I though it a slug:laughing7: I couldn't believe it was a 1894 barber :blob8:. Made my day! I know its a ugly one but it looks beautiful to me:icon_thumleft:

Got the Rosemary Clooney Record pendant/charm there too. For you youngsters, Rosemary Clooney was a Film Actress and singer. Born 1928-2002. She sang and toured with the big bands in the 40's, was a popular singer in the 50's, and starred in the movie White Christmas with Bing Crosby in the 50's (one of my favorite movies). I googled the pendant but can't find it on line.

Got three wheat's too. I'm just getting back into dirt fishing.

HH Keep it low and slow!

Just added two pictures from Sundays detecting at another park. Saturdays and Sundays finds together. Haven't cleaned up yesterday finds yet. Three silver, quarter, merc, and rosie. Got a 1924 Mexican coin too. I know I gouged the quarter real bad but was in rock hard dirt.

Last edited:
Upvote 8
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome Barber recovery! :occasion14:

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting