63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've just gotten in from driving a touch over 400 miles from Los Angeles back to my Northern California apartment. It was a hot drive with old fashioned air conditioning (roll down the windows), gusty winds, poor radio reception, at times heavy traffic on Hwy 5 and my left arm was getting sun burned.

I haul my stuff out of the Bronco and head on in. Down the hall way I see a box propped against my apt. door. What could that be?

198_9877_r1.jpg I put some dimensions on the box, the bottom # is 5 1/2" and I placed my small, folded & collapsed Gerber shovel next to the box for a size comparison. I do not usually receive any boxes so I was surprised to see a box and even more pleased when I looked to see who the sender was (the person it was sent to was me).

198_9876_r1.jpg My Birthday Gift to myself had come. A Super Mini BGT! I was/am Pleased!! There's a simple directions page, both sides of one sheet and a flyer about the company, Cool!

198_9875_r1.jpg And here is a picture with the Gerber unfolded & extended, The SM-BGT is 24" long and the shovel will work well with this sluice. I sent in my payment check to BGT aka Todd on 11April and it arrived likely Friday or Saturday(27 or 28) so a maximum total turnaround time of 17 days. Pretty Good! The workmanship is great, I'm pleased to be pleased with my purchase.

The size of the SM to my A52 is Dynamically Smaller and will significantly reduce the weight of my pack. The SM-BGT weighs 3.5 pounds.

As many of you know I had my right shoulder rotary cuff repaired on the 18 of March and as Incentive to get out into the filed this year I purchased the SM-BGT and I will prop it up prominently here in the Apartment as a daily reminder to do my exercises and DIET!

Soooooo, Yes the Super Mini is available just call and ask for it! Also, they may have some blemished units available for a small discount, totally functional just a touch off from being perfect in appearance. Now getting fit!!...........................63bkpkr

taternut

Apr 12, 2013
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Hand sluice, Gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where in California are you I'm in not cal as well!

Cl1983

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in nor cal but probably way west of you guys

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Fellas (I assume fellas), I'm in Fremont and prefer to be much closer to the mother lode country.......................63bkpkr

taternut

Apr 12, 2013
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Damn I'm trying to find people who want to hunt for gold with me, my friends don't seem too interested. But I'm a little more north up in redding

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for asking................63bkpkr

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Damn I'm trying to find people who want to hunt for gold with me, my friends don't seem too interested. But I'm a little more north up in redding

I live in Redding. Spend a lot of time on Clear Creek and areas west.

taternut

Apr 12, 2013
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I spend a lot of time up there as well but I haven't found any gold. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong but I find a lot of black sand but never any color upstream from the gorge

sidvail

Jan 11, 2013
Cottonwood, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Definitely a happy birthday. How long do you expect to be out of commission? With the loads you carry, I'd want to be back to 100%.

I just bought a sheet of Kydex that I will turn into a bazooka sluice this week. (using GG's designs as a model) Hope to get out this weekend to try it out. Good luck with yours.

Sid

Cl1983

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live on the coast west of redding. Always looking to learn new things and wouldn't mind meeting up with some people if anyone ever has room for a couple more people

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I spend a lot of time up there as well but I haven't found any gold. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong but I find a lot of black sand but never any color upstream from the gorge

I am not getting rich on CC but can usually get enough color to stay interested.

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sidvail,

I as well as many others will be very interested to see pictures of your build, even during assembly would be spectacular!
Looking forward to your project.................63bkpkr

And, "Definitely a happy birthday. How long do you expect to be out of commission? With the loads you carry, I'd want to be back to 100%." Thank you, it was a good one! Well, I'm shooting for an end of August trip IF I can get myself physically able. Also, my regular 85 pound pack is a no no for then! I need to get it down to 60 lbs or less for a ten day trip with food for all of those days as well as the SM-BGT, GMT, gold pan, Gerber shovel, sifter and of course the camping gear and insurance policy. Let's see what gets left behind.

Last edited:

NorCalPilot

Jan 31, 2013
Placer County, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Happy birthday and congrats! We're living an eerily similar life-- I drove back from LA yesterday on the 5 to NorCal and stopped by Coloma today to pick up my Prospector direct from Todd! He went out of his way to take time to explain water flow, angles, etc. and showed me some of his prototypes and some gold.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Happy Birthday Herb:hello2::occasion18::hello2: Get well soon, shoulder that pack and get out and enjoy that new sluice...

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oakview2 ,

Thank you! I intend to do Just that Though I must be careful with the pack weight as well as my condition. I will terribly want to go but I must be able to say No if the body is not capable. After the end of August time frame my window between backpacking and surgeries leaves only surgeries: the left shoulder rotary cuff and then the left knee

This is why I posted the thread about taking care of ourselves out there as well as in town, I have not.......................63bkpkr

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Herb, I'll bet that Super Mini weighs less than your Super Red Hawk....Ha! (just kidding) I can't wait to get mine and glad to hear your doing well.

Island_Hunter

Mar 31, 2013
Nanaimo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Birthday! I hate that there is no one around me to go out with. If I ever head down to Cali I will look you up and we can do a little prospecting together. Ill even pack the sluice. :)

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HP, my Super Red (this is what the shortened barrel reads now) weighs 4.5 lbs unloaded so yes the Super Mini weighs less.

Astro, I am so looking forward to being able to get out And to use the SM!! I feel like a ready to go horse just chomping at the bit.

Island Hunter, you let me get better and then come down and we will go move some boulders and dirt and if you must yes, you can carry the sluice's.

Nor Cal Pilot, sounds like your return trip was way more fun than mine I was solo and just came back to my apartment. Though it was a good trip!!

photo(2).JPG Here's a picture of my 'baby boy'.........................63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread