A surprisingly well day for my area.

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
So I went for a ride, havent been out for a few weeks. I seen a field I had hunted before was in corn stubble so that was all it took, Ive only been here once before, and the fella who owns it is a nice, but private person, and I dont really think he likes company too much, soooo I swung into his driveway, and found him in with his cows, asked about heading out in the stubble, he says "Sure, let me know if we strike it rich :laughing7: " So there I go, out a swinging around the stubble, broken spoons, croatal bell chunks, and buttons. Hmmm I says to myself, "sure is getting cold with the steady wind on the knoll, I better find something good or I am packin it in" Then it happened, that sweet high pitch, the 3 aligned green lines on the V, with a vdi in the 80's, now I know there hasnt been a home here in 80 years, nobody around remembers there even being a house there, sweet jeebus its a virgin!! down on a knee I go and proceed to dig a wider than signal hole, out comes the el pinpointer and I am on it !!! My first seated quarter, and those scratches must be from the plow, I rub alot of stuff, but not silver coins :laughing9: then about 8 feet away ANOTHER squealer!!! mid seventies, I kick away the corn remnants and see green! thats right on the surface, no kidding :blob3: so I continue on a bit and find a 1890 indian, no pic of that it went to the farmer :icon_thumright: I would have to say, that its been a pretty good day, the cold is in my back though and im kinda sore, I'll get over it ;D Any chance anyone knows the type on the LC? I was looking but on coinfacts the pictures wheren't working for me :dontknow:

P1010234.JPG

P1010235.JPG

P1010237.JPG

P1010238.JPG

Upvote 0

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and good story. That LC appears to be in pretty good shape :thumbsup:

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds Jeff, nice pics and good story to go along with it - well done!

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice coins.... congrats ! :thumbsup:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice Jeff Congrats !

I Believe all the 38's are "young" Matron Heads

OP
OP
jeff741972

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
I kept just a couple buttons also, 2 where the basic flat with no design or printing, one was a iron back that I am soaking along with a concave one that has a flower on it. The majority of relics I left with the farmer, a golf ball sized croatal bell, about 5 chunks of a monster croatal, some harmonica reed, they got me every time ringing like an indian would, someone musta hated that poor harmonica, I found 1 inch pieces of it alll over that field >:( a pepper shaker lid made of brass, a watering can screen that was pretty tore up also of brass and that one indian, which I am pretty sure was an 1880, although it was a bit corroded, if it was an 1870 guess it would be a nice surprise for the farmer if he looks it up. I need to carry a loop with me, anymore I am having a hell of a time seeing dates, I think I discussed that with the fellas this past summer.

It was a long overdue good day for me, for once the planets must of been aligned to actually get somewhere, have some time to be there, and not feel rushed to be somewhere else, and then to actually find something I havent before, feels good ;D

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, that's a good day for any area, congratulations.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! My first seated was a quarter and the same date as yours, but mine was REALLY worn! Your quarter is in gorgeous shape!!

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice seated and LC!!!! MR TUFF

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I would be going back, if nothing else it would give me a chance to do the happy dance again
congrats on the virgin

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coins, you need to go back there, there is surely more to be found!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on some nice Silver and the Large Cent looks great with that Green Patina! Go back and hammer that site!! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread