a teller and a half

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was dumping a box of cents today and was like 30cents shy of 25. so I give the teller a half dollar and tell her I would like 5rolls of dimes back. She was so confused and had to call her manager. She was all like "I don't know what this is. Can we even take it?" I was all like /facepalm. Her boss was like it a Half dollar you know 50 cent. Lolz

Upvote 0

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
happens to me some times. new tellers dont know what a half dollar is.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Souds to me like schools are getting tougher and tougher to graduate from LOL....

stonehenge

Aug 27, 2010
I like to use them when buying coffee or lunch and watch the cashiers either get excited because they collect them or never see them OR watch the strange faces like you mentioned and they then ask "what's this? A dollar?"

Been handed back half of my stack many times and been told "you gave me too much."

Oh, if I only didn't have a conscience.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been thinking of ordering some food from the mcdonald's dollar menu and pay for them with ikes, sba's, saq's and $2 bills... maybe next week i'll try this one, i did a bank run the other evening and gathered up 4 common clad ikes.
on another note,

I have never really spent a half dollar as change outside of a bank, and the tellers here seldomly don't know what a half dollar is, though i've had quite a few tellers try to sell me ikes for $0.50, but my good conscience corrected them, it establishes trust and a connection for them to save coins for you--- even though i could have pocketed a quick $0.50, it's not worth it.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been handed back half of my stack many times and been told "you gave me too much."

Oh, if I only didn't have a conscience.
this happens to me quite often, i'd say at least 1 of the 10 banks i hit up once a month for coins makes this mistake.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I read and re-read the first sentence or sentences of the post and it makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

OP
OP
Thorne

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dumped 24.70 in cents and have the teller a half dollar to out over the 25$ mark and asked for 5 rolls of cents. The teller had no idea what a 50 cent piece was.

OP
OP
Thorne

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I chalk it up to the fact that outside of ordering from the mint most don't get the opportunity to see half dollars and that makes me sad. So I spend them and dollar coins every chance I. Get

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
So, first you asked the teller for five rolls of dimes back, (read your post), and then you asked her for five rolls of cents? I think that's the part that confused her.

OP
OP
Thorne

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-_- I handed her a slip worth 24.70 and a Half dollar and asked for 5rolls of dimes

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
You know you've lost faith in Humanity when bank tellers dont know what a "Half Dollar Coin" is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread